5.1.11

Random thoughts seems to be the best way for me to journal. Here's to 2011 and my jumbled brain.

Plants vs Zombies.....awesome!

No one got out of bed till 7:45, but we made it out the door at 8:07 without tears or drama. A post Christmas miracle indeed.

How do you get your asperger/adhd 10 year old to understand that no one like a know-it-all? Got another phone call from the principal today. Kade has such a hard time reading people, and then gets so mad when they don't want to listen. It breaks my heart and makes me crazy at the same time.

A New Year's goal is to spend my money more wisely. Today I made it out of the grocery store with 2 weeks of groceries for 130.00. Feeling rather proud.

Speaking of saving money, have you ever seen those extreme coupon people on tv? Crazy! One lady bought over a thousand bucks of groceries for 50$. She was nuts and a total hoarder, but she scored some rockin' deals. She works a full time job and spends 70 hours a week couponing.  Worth it?

I cut Lucy's hair all by myself and she looks pretty darn cute. I even managed to stack it out a bit. It was a risky endeavor but I think we can call it a success.

Kinda glad 2010 is over. It wasn't my favorite year. Here's to 2011! May it bring peace and happiness.

2 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    My 2010 wasn't the best either. Yuck.

    My sister is a crazy couponer. She feeds her family of 6 on about $100 per month. She has a lot of cereal, but man can she score deals like nobody I know. It's amazing! I wouldn't spend 70 hours a week on it, but I've started trying and I do think it's worth it. If stores and manufacturers are willing to give you a product for less money, why not take it?
    Boquinha said...
    Time is money. 70 hours/week? Not worth it for me. You can't put a price tag on sanity. Plus, half the stuff they discount is stuff I wouldn't get anyway. Kinda discouraging.

    Sorry about the headaches with school and Kade. Poor kid. There's a new woman in our homeschool group who has a 13 year old with similar issues. She started a support group locally for parents of kids with special needs. Seems like a neat group. Maybe find some support that way?

    Here's to 2011! We should really talk soon . . . :)

Post a Comment