1.6.10
My two DI/yard sale homegirls spent a Saturday digging through other people's old stuff and had the best time! It's a rare gem when you find a friend who loves junk as much as you do, and I lucked out and found 2! I was hunting for something for my newly finished, totally bare walled basement. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, but I knew it would speak to me when I saw it.
Here's what I came up with:
It started with the old flash cards. I found them for a dollar and they called my name. I painted an old cupboard door that I found at The Restore (more on that awesome place another day.....) and tacked them on with cute thumb tacks from Walmart. Tada! I feel so crafty. My family does not get it-their art needs to have a point, I guess- but I like it a lot.
Next came the glass jar full of old dominoes and backgammen pieces. Paired with the rusty lunch box, they are gunna sit on shelf with the random letter e underneath. I don't know why the "e" hook had to come home with me, but it did and I love it. E can stand for everything, or eternity, or something else equally as profound. I am thinking of making a big letter O (for Oaks, of course) to sit on the shelf too. It can be buddies with the e. I also found some old Monopoly property piece cards that are the perfect shade of tattered. Not sure where they are gunna go....maybe some decoupage? Ideas would be lovely.
Next came the glass jar full of old dominoes and backgammen pieces. Paired with the rusty lunch box, they are gunna sit on shelf with the random letter e underneath. I don't know why the "e" hook had to come home with me, but it did and I love it. E can stand for everything, or eternity, or something else equally as profound. I am thinking of making a big letter O (for Oaks, of course) to sit on the shelf too. It can be buddies with the e. I also found some old Monopoly property piece cards that are the perfect shade of tattered. Not sure where they are gunna go....maybe some decoupage? Ideas would be lovely.
I can't tell you what the name of my random theme....maybe letters and numbers mixed with a hint of old stuff? But I love it and am so excited to get it all up! Maybe if your lucky, you can go on a virtual tour when it's all done.
6 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



i love the board! wow that sucker turned out cuter than i could ever imagine!
the "e" is genius!
love it!
the old metal lunch box...um need i say more???
for the monopoly cards... tea bag stain those bad boys and paper clip them onto a rope and string it under the shelf ??? just a suggestion... A SUPER YUMMY ONE!
love it lady! shell
Lovin the E! Maybe the e paired with the lunch box makes a "eat" theme?
The game pieces in the jar are my favorite though.
The tea staining is a cool idea!
I am surprised that your family needs their art to make sense..esp since their t-shirts sure has heck don't! Seriously, who said that Darth Vader even likes cookies???
Kinda jealous though, b/c you actually have 3 friends who like to go to garage sales.
Thankfully I found 2 pieces of furniture at garage sales on Saturday. I was done in 30 minutes & then had stuff to do for the whole weekend.