10.6.10

  • Went to my first Zumba class and loved it. Not so much the Latin vixen I would like to be, but it was a ton of fun trying. 
  • After Zumba, went to a fabulous cupcake shop. Mmmmmm... Totally undid everything we'd  just done.....but so worth it. Later learned one of the friends I went with had such cupcake guilt she ran 6 miles after we got home. I, however, sat on my butt watching Ghost Whisperer and channeled my guilt into wishing I had Jennifer Love Hewitt's bosom. 
  • Spent a morning sitting in the shade at a park watching my kids play. 
  • Kids became a swarm of locusts and have eaten EVERYTHING in my house. You forget how much more money you have to spend on groceries during the summer. Seriously thinking of getting a locking pantry. 
  • Was invited to a after school party that was amazing! A lady does it for all the neighbor and school kids every year for FREE! She went all out with snow cones and cotton candy, water slides and a heated wading pool. The kids had so much fun and I was greatly inspired by her generosity. 
  • Waited  and waited (and am waiting still)  for my sycamore tree to get leaves. I fear the worst. Hoping it's just a really bad year to be a sycamore. Anyone know anything about trees?

  • Ran a mile and a quarter today! So does not sound awesome...but  so totally is!
  • Got hooked on The Biggest Loser and have spent too much time watching reruns on Hulu. 
  • Sister Sarah is turning out to be a fabu seamstress and made these super cute dresses for her daughter and Lucy. You can check it out how on her sewing blog.   PS. kinda loving  this pic of the girlies swinging. I was channeling my all time favorite photographer  Dorothea Lange



12 Comments:

  1. RACHELLE said...
    i say YES! to the DRESS "es"


    where is the cupcake shop?

    latin vixen girls are overrated.

    jennifer Love Hewitt is a cutie huh. dang her!


    trees don't generally get picky about the year...???

    and WOW! what a neighbor...throwin those parties...

    your neighborhood is good for somethin eh!

    shell

    xoxo
    RACHELLE said...
    I was serious. Where is the cupcake place?

    :)
    Emily said...
    My friend April is becoming a Zumba instructor, she loves it.

    I wouldn't mind having Love's bosom myself.

    Vivian probably knows about sycamore trees, ask her!

    Running a mile and a quarter IS awesome. For real.

    CUTE dresses, great picture. Happy summer!
    Jeni Jo said...
    I am very jealous of you mile run and Zumba class. I have always wanted to try the class. Maybe I will get motivation and try it this summer. BTW...I loved your crafts on the previous post. I am amazed that you can find random stuff and see art.
    Shafferprincess said...
    Love, love, LOVE Zumba! Totally and completely. Miss it though, because of Brandon's last week of school schedule and a knee injury. Bummer.

    Love me some cupcakes, too!

    And, way to run. I can't stand running - too painful for me.

    And, the dresses are super cute. Wanna lend me Lucy for a day so I can play little girl stuff? :)
    Sherilyn said...
    Along with the locking pantry, I actually placed a lock on my refrigerator last year. Certainly got the boys' attention!
    Sherilyn said...
    Along with the locking pantry, I actually placed a lock on my refrigerator last year. Certainly got the boys' attention!
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    *Love* the Dorothea Lange channeling! Your little depression-era girls. . . .too sweet!
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    Oh, and what do you mean about JLH? You *have* a good bust like her! You just need to have about $100K to spend on clothes like she does, then you'd be set. . . But, really. . .who wears clothes like that? Only she can on her own show. Hurmpf. We should have become actresses.
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Where do my comments go? Do you have a Stacy comment void that you dispose them into?? I totally commented on this blog! and it was so snarky!
    Sarah E said...
    Me too! Now all I see is a message that says, "Your comment has been deleted by the author." :( Sad.

Post a Comment