21.5.10
Today I was a "helper mom" for Tanner's class field trip We went to the museum of natural history and Red Butte Gardens. It was a great day!
The highlights were:
- Spending the day out and about with 100 of my closest 2nd grade friends.
- Walking around a gorgeous garden with deer and squirrels and butterflies reminiscent of a scene straight out of Enchanted. I had to bite my tongue to keep from singing.
- Eating lunch with my Tanney.
- Casually trying to avoid the exhibit of Native Americans women with no shirts on....and failing miserably.
- Giving 3 little boys the extremely condensed and politically correct explanation as to why those ladies were not wearing shirts.
- Desperately attempting and almost succeeding in changing the subject of said ladies and their lack of attire, then running into exhibit number 2 with more examples of prehistoric fashion and starting the whole thing over again. (How do we feel about writing a letter asking the museum to slightly alter history for the sake of 2 graders everywhere?)
- Watching baby ducks practically run across the top of the water to snag a bread crumb. They would even run over each other if someone was in their way. It was pretty funny.
- Trying to convince myself that we were not going to die on the bus, ( I have a total bus phobia) and keep smiling and singing silly songs while doing it.
- Getting to know Tanner's teacher a bit better....she is fabulous and saintly!
- Playing tag on the University of Utah's front lawn.
- Leaving my two little guys with my amazing neighbors for the whole day. Thank you ladies, you are the best!
6 Comments:
-
- Jaz said...
May 21, 2010 at 8:55 AMThat's awesome. I love the Red Butte field trip! When I went with Savannah, we saw a weasel (I think...I don't remember what animal it was) stealing a baby squirrel & a Mama squirrel who was chasing the weasel & beating the tar out of it.- Alison said...
May 21, 2010 at 9:46 AMThat was my all time favorite field trip. My Bompy was a dosent up there so he was our guide when I went as a second grader. I thought that was the greatest thing ever. And Red Butte is one of my all time favorite places in the world. My aunt got married there and I would take my grandpa there often the last few years. What a fun day for you!- Emily said...
May 21, 2010 at 10:58 AMOh man, no shirts?? They should cover them up, seriously.- Jill said...
May 21, 2010 at 5:14 PMlol...dang it! You should have busted (no punn intended) out into song like you wanted to. That would have made a longer lasting impression on their young minds. OR You could have taken your shirt off while you were singing and that really would have got their attention away from those Native American hussies....lol just kidding- April (Thorup) Oaks said...
May 22, 2010 at 3:20 PMI was so happy to hear you went. I'll be on the next one and I'll watch out for Tanner.- Angie LeBaron said...
June 1, 2010 at 8:27 AMI think you are so funny. You have a great writing style that is very entertaining and helps me to visulize what you were doing. I just had to tell you I was peeking at your blog and had a good chuckle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)