7.4.10

And while we are on the subject of laundry.....my sad looking towels. Most are originals from my wedding, hence all the lovely 1997 forest and sea foam green. I think there should be a law that every 10 years all towels must be replaced by new, fluffy and non tattered replacements. Too bad Mr. Checkbook says not gunna happen .

9 Comments:

  1. Jaz said...
    I bought a few towels at WalMart a couple of months ago for 2.50 each. They weren't the fluffiest towels, but they get the job done and are in one piece.
    Alison said...
    I have always thought that you should get to re-register and have everyone bring you all new stuff when you move into a new house, but then my stuff would all still bve old.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Ugh! I just got rid of our wedding ones a couple years ago. I understand. Now our "new" ones are looking really old.
    Jill said...
    Those look just like MY towels! I always laugh when I think of a story that happened when I was a newly wed. For enrichment they told us to bring an old towel to do a craft with. At the time I didn't have an old towel! Now it's a WHOLE new story. Now I don't have towels nice enough for guests. :-)
    Emily said...
    Oh my gosh, I was folding towels THIS MORNING and though, "these sad towels deserve their own blog post." Weird.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Jill-
    As your big sister, I am going to give you some advice.
    Mr. Checkbook is a thing of the 80's
    You need to be introduced to Mr Credit Card. Mr Credit Card makes all of your dreams come true. Run it through a machine..and the towels are yours. It really is a modern miracle invention. Swipe, swipe, swipe, take, take, take. Doesn't that sound easy??
    Some people say that it is evil to use Mr. Credit Card..what do they know? If a paper comes in the mail from Mr Credit Card..it is just a thank you note for using him. Just throw it away, and use Mr Credit Card again. Now, one day Mr Credit Card isn't going to work. That is because there is only so much magic in each card. When this happens, just go get another one and keep on swiping! Now, as your big sister, I give you permission to go out there and have some shopping fun!
    Love, Your Big Sister
    Jillo said...
    Ha! Thanks for the laugh big sis!
    Andrea said...
    I'm a fan of big sis and credit cards!

    I love this post because I think the SAME darn thing every week when I run out of old towels and have to do them in the laundry.
    Sarah E said...
    My favorite part is that, just like us, somehow the beach towels find themselves sneaking right in there with the bath towels. It is a super bad day when you find yourself fighting with your husband over who gets to use the beach towel after their shower because it's the best towel you have. :(

Post a Comment