25.3.10

It went a little something like this....


Hair cut lady (aka Stephanie the fabulous or StF): "so what are we doing today?"
Me: "well, I am feeling a little funky and spontaneous......"
StF: " what have you always wanted to do, but never dared?"
Me: "bangs, but I think my forehead is too small. Oh, and be a brunette."
StF: "lets do it."
Me: " I dunno....."
StF: "trust me."

So I did. 
and this is the end result:


Kade, my honorary photographer, thought we needed a close up too. 


It took  a week of startling myself when I looked into a mirror to fully embrace my new look, but now I am LOVING it!  I think it may be here to stay.  I can do a ton with it, way more than I could with my longer/blonder hair. Plus, nobody recognizes me so I can sneak past folks I don't want to chat with at the grocery store. Bonus!

18 Comments:

  1. Boquinha said...
    Seriously, seriously DARLING!! I LOVE it!! I love, love, love bangs!! And they look FABULOUS on you. We're twins! Move here. :)
    Shauna said...
    Cute! I love it!
    Kristi said...
    WOW! That is quite the change! Look how amazing your eyes look! Beautiful!
    Emily said...
    I love it! Nicely done Jill, very nicely done. i looove being a brunette.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    You have had it for a week and I am just barely hearing about it?? You must love it or I would have had a phone call...at least I hope you would have called me, even though last time I so abruptly left you hanging..
    Anywho..love how your eyes are highlighted..or is that some fancy schmancy photoshop editing? Way to go with the fever! Is this the same gal that does Rachelle's hair?
    If it is, she may just have me as a client next!
    Jillo said...
    No fancy schmancy photoshop thing, i really am just that beautiful.
    Stephanie the Fabulous' not Rachelle's girl, I was a walk in at a salon nearby and lucked out with her. I will def be going back. She was fabu!
    Johnson Family said...
    You look gorgeous! It sets your striking blues eyes off - they're amazing! Great job!
    J Fo said...
    LOVE it! The brown and the bangs make your eyes just pop. Gorgeous!
    Stacy said...
    So cute! I can't wait to see it in person!
    Jill said...
    Ok, first of all thanks for putting your comments at the bottom..lol And second of all..I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! It looks amazing! It really makes your eyes blue blue blue. It's funny because I went drastically darker this week too. It must be a Jill thing. :-) I had to tell you that so you didn't think I copied you. lol So, what does Kent think of the NEW you??
    Jaz said...
    Very pretty & I see am not the only one who noticed how it puts a focus on your eyes & makes them more dramatically blue. Love it.
    Shafferprincess said...
    It looks great, Jill, and like others have said, it makes your eyes pop. Brandon has said he wants me to try something darker, too. Yikes! That scares me. Should I do it?

    You look great!
    RACHELLE said...
    yah! it's rockin! we need to celebrate it with a GNO. :) shell
    Amber said...
    Too Too Too CUTE!! I LURVE it!! ;) Seriously! Love it!
    Natalie said...
    I thought your eyes were so blue before...now look at them! It's a fun do!...how do your kids react? ...I ask because Ethan used to cry when I'd put my hair into a ponytail. Congrats on following a 'feeling'! There are always great results when that happens!
    Mrs. Big Kahuna said...
    With a new haircut comes a new house and neighborhood??? Houses are waiting.
    Michelle B.
    Sarah E said...
    So pretty. Can't believe I still haven't seen it!
    Andrea said...
    I love it, and love even more that you went for a change. I haven't changed my "do" for years - and it is scraggly yucky, always in a ponytail folded over, growing out bangs that I twirl into a knot constantly because they BUG...
    That's it- I'm making an appointment! Maybe I'll go for blonde streaks!

Post a Comment