4.2.10

Today was a rough day.
Lucy is sick. The doc said he didn't know for sure if it was the dreaded flu, but it's pretty bad. Fever of 103, coughing, crying. boogies,  and lots and lots of snuggling. To top of the fun, the doc put the tongue depressor too far down her throat  and she threw up EVERYWHERE! He felt so bad and I was covered in recycled grilled cheese and Sprite.  Mmmmm...... Hopefully she feels better tomorrow and nobody else jumps on board the flu train. 
I also overheard Weston making a phone call (on the pretend phone) to the police to ask for a new mommy. He is a tender soul, it isn't tough to ruin his day. I am not sure what I did, but apparently  it wasn't good.  After a hug and a cookie, he decided that I was a good mommy after all and he would stay.  He is our little happiness radar.  As soon as things aren't flowing smoothly, Wes starts making phone calls.
Tanner is doing a report on patriotic symbols and he chose Mt. Rushmore. He has to make a model or draw a picture to use as a display for his oral report. How on Earth do you draw/paint/sculpt Mt. Rushmore??? We are stumped.  Much tears and frustration on his end because he couldn't get it to look like he wanted.  Back to square one tomorrow. 
sigh*

7 Comments:

  1. Stacy Holmes said...
    Recycled grilled cheese is not in the handbook for being a "green" citizen. You are taking this liberal attitude too far :)
    Melanie said...
    Sam did Mt. Rushmore last year, Ryan drew a picture of it for him.
    RACHELLE said...
    give lue hugs for me...i am sick this week and it is bad.

    honestly, i wish i had a mommy to snuggle right now too!

    i think you should have Tanner mold a mountain with the aproppriate heights on it and then just have flat spaces where the presidents faces go.

    then photo copy or draw their faces onto oval paper and place in the appropriate spaces on the mountain.

    but im just a homeschool wierdo...
    so who knows if you should trust me???

    lol
    shell
    Boquinha said...
    Oh dear. I hope your day is better today. So sorry for your rough day.
    stacey said...
    Oh I feel your pain! My Leah threw up all over me on Saturday. After a hot shower I could still smell it on me YUCK! It is so sad to have sick kids. I hope Lucy feels better fast! Good luck on the school report. They are always way too much work for child and mom :) Hope you have a great week!!!
    J Fo said...
    You deserve a spa day after a rough day like that! I dread when Emmy's sick, but it IS nice to have cuddles from a normally busy girl.
    Jaz said...
    That is a crap-tastic day for sure.

    Payton asked me this morning did I ever stop to consider that I might be a mean, rotten, no-good Mom (I might have called him something similar first)....then halfway down the road to school he informs me that he has forgotten his shoes.

Post a Comment