8.2.10

Saturday night we went to our favorite ice cream parlor for some fabulous ice cream. Of course, the line to be seated was out the door, (it always is because it is THAT good) so to pass the time we started a family game of "eye spy".

Here are the highlights:

Tanner- "I spy..... a koala bear!"
Kent- "um, is it a koala bear?"
Tanner- "close, very close."
(We never did figure out what he was spying)

Weston- "I spy...... I spy..... I spy...... I spy....." This continued for the entire game. I don't think he ever officially "spied" anything.

Kent- " I spy a foot long."
Tanner- pointing at the waitress who had just walked up to our table and who also had a  VERY interesting        hairdo yelled "HER HAIR!!"  He was not trying to be funny, her hair did look about a foot wide.

Kade- "I spy an enemy of my enemy."
The answer was a soldier sitting a few tables down.
We thought that was pretty clever.

5 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    SUPER clever! i'm very impressed!!
    RACHELLE said...
    kade is a deep thinker eh!

    wow!

    my kids play that game a lot like Tanner. i just get confused and my head starts hurting.

    did the waitress leave a special surprise in your food for you all?

    hee hee

    love ya shell
    Boquinha said...
    I love how you captured the fun details of every day play! This is a great post. I LOVE posts like this.
    Amber said...
    Jill! Let's do your table!! I would totally show you how to do it. It's not too hard. Give me a call!!!
    Jaz said...
    hahaha...makes our games of I spy sound boring...they are always colors (something red, something green etc) and it is usually something in the car or on someone's clothing. My kids get frustrated when I pick something difficult.

    My kids really like 20 questions (and the answer is usually a Disney character) or the alphabet game. Those are our standard "family walk" games.

Post a Comment