16.12.09

Monkey (age unknown) a Sandy resident, returned to his family today after nearly a week long absence. Both Monkey and his family are overjoyed. When questioned of his whereabouts, Monkey had no comment, but was rushed to the washing machine to remove the stinky garbage from his soft, brown fur. The families alternate monkey, "2 Monkey" was promptly thrown back in the toy box where he shall remain until further notice.

"2 Monkey isn't really the right monkey, he is just the fake one" quotes Weston (age 4 and 1/2) "Lucy doesn't really like him, but she will love him if monkey is all gone."

To prevent his tragedy from happening again the family intends to make sure monkey is left nowhere near open garbage cans of any sort as his poor little body may fall apart if he has to take one more washing.

4 Comments:

  1. Alison said...
    I have stitched up many a stuffed animal in my day( usually horses and a few kittys) I'm glad Monkey is home safe and sound.
    RACHELLE said...
    "Tragic yet Moving"

    says Siskel and Ebert...

    wait, i think one of those guys are dead arent they.

    well........

    I say it is a great story with a happy ending!


    love ya...shell
    Boquinha said...
    Hurrah! A little trick we use with well-loved stuffed animals is to put them in a pillowcase, use mild detergent, and wash on delicate. It's something. So happy for Lucy!
    Sarah E said...
    I love the way you wrote this. So fun. My favorite was the quote from Weston. I'm so glad Monkey has resurfaced. It was a joyous day, indeed!

Post a Comment