23.10.09

Kade: Mom, I am all done with my shower.

Me: Awesome. Did you pick up your dirty clothes and make sure the was no water on the floor?

Kade: Yep

Me: Did you use soap?

Kade: Yep

Me: Did you wash your hair?

Kade: Yep

Me: Are you sure?

Kade: Yeah mom, I'm sure.

Me: For reals?

Kade: (a bit weaker than before) I washed my hair mom, I promise.

Me: No you didn't.

Kade: How did you know?

Me: Because your hair is dry.

Kade: Oh, right, I'll go wash my hair.

Hygiene and a 9 year old, a never ending, action packed challenge.

7 Comments:

  1. Jill said...
    lol My girls wash their hair, but they STINK at rinsing! I usually can SEE a blob of conditioner on the top of their hair when they get out. Also I get a bit suspicious when I ask them to brush their teeth and they come back downstairs in less than a minute claiming they did a "really good job".
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Ben takes a shower..then I go into the bathroom to make sure his clothes are picked up. More times than not, the bar of soap is by the sink and nowhere NEAR the shower. Boys and hygeine..gross!
    RACHELLE said...
    THAT IS SOME GOOD SLEUTHING COLUMBO!


    HA HA HA! LOVED IT!
    Jaz said...
    my kids have figured out the "hair is dry" clue....but they can't figure out how I catch them when their hair is wet, but in the EXACT SAME SPOT it was before the shower. I actually washed Libby's hair the other night & brown water was coming off. ewww!!! I had thought she was washing her hair. Wrongo!!
    Boquinha said...
    Love this post. I just posted some like this, too!
    Sarah E said...
    My girls always come out of the shower with their hair parted exactly the way it was when they went into the shower. They smell like shampoo, but I'm not really convinced they're doing a very good job.
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    HAR!

Post a Comment