22.10.09

Today I threw a full on tantrum on the phone because my husband wants to go deer hunting this weekend. I even chucked the phone as hard as I could at my pillow after we hung up.

Let's just say that my actions would not have won me wife of the year.

My husband is amazing.
Super supportive of everything I do, always willing to be home with the kids when I want to escape to the movies with some girlfriends, plus he saves me half of whatever treat he gets at work, (and let me tell you, he works with a bunch of wonderful women so I get some pretty fabulous treats sometimes).

Throwing a tantrum because he wants to spend some time with his brother and dad was totally unjustified. He deserves some time off for good behavior! Plus I actually kinda like venison jerky....

While a weekend with just me and my four kiddos which includes 2 photo shoots, a Halloween party, and a huge organizational undertaking at my church on my end does sound pretty daunting, I will pull up my big girl panties, buy a 12 pack of Coke and go to work.

I will be fine!

But gosh I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, both for being left and for acting like a 4 year old on the phone. =)

So sorry honey for being a lousy wife. Go and have a blast. (get it? he's hunting.... blast.....guns....)
I really will be 100% okay. I just had a moment of self pity and a big case of the grumps. Sigh*

By the way, if anyone feels inclined to throw a little chocolate my way this weekend, I wouldn't turn you away and I might even share a bite or two.

5 Comments:

  1. RACHELLE said...
    IF I WERE IN TOWN.... I WOULD BRING YOU A SUPER DUPER BIG BOX OF TOFFI FAY CHOCOLATES....

    YOU ARE JUST A COOL WIFE FOR REALLIZING WHAT A BUTT HEAD YOU WERE AND THEN MAKING IT BETTER! =)

    I COMMEND YOU!


    I WISH YOU LUCK ON THE JOBS YOU HAVE AHEAD OF YOU THIS WEEKEND!

    THANKS FOR SHARING! SHELL
    Sherilyn said...
    Jill, I have some boys that might be helpful with your boys, if you need a break. Call me if you need anything.
    Jill said...
    Blah...I think MANY of us can understand your pain! Mike is flying home tonight after a WEEK of being away...(I was with hime for half of the week, but still..)

    My challenge to you this week is make your kids LOVE the time that Dad goes out of town. Why do they love this time? Because something magical happens to Mom and she does things they NEVER do when Dad is around. Have cookies for dinner,play hide and seek or let them stay up late for a PJ party, or go somewhere really fun even if it's hard. (maybe you do these things when Kent is in town, but you get the idea) Make sure you are your MOST patient and MOST fun and I bet this weekend will just fly by. Better yet, you might look forward to the next time your hubby goes to out of town...Good luck!

    PS. Why do I feel like I just jumped off a soap box?
    Alison said...
    I have a tub of white choco macidamia nut cookie dought that I have no intention of cooking. I'm slowly working my way through it and would be more than happy to share.
    Sarah E said...
    I'm just happy Ryan doesn't hunt. Add that to his long list of things and I'd be right where you are. Except I probably wouldn't be appologizing for it. ;)

Post a Comment