30.7.09

We are now 16 hours vomit free.

I am cautiously optimistic......

Day 2 of scout camp. Waking up early on day 2 is never as fun as waking up early on day 1. Hopefully Happy Kade will appear before they get up the mountain.
It's like waking up a lion I tell you.


Due to extreme house struck syndrome, Wes and Kade decided they would have a contest to see who could jump off the steps the highest. Normally I would have put a stop to such shenanigans, but yesterday even I thought this sounded like a good idea and got my camera out to document it.

We think Kade may have won, but it was too close to really tell.

Lucy gave it a try, but hurt her toe and that was the end of that. She wouldn't even cheer.



Kent has been working like a mad man and for a minute there, it looked like I wasn't going to be able to go to my mom's to make my necklace. But being the gentleman that he is, he hurried home and set me free. I sure do love that boy.

After browsing the bead store and drowning in a sea of beads, I finally came up with this little number.


I am pretty proud of myself! Necklace making is hard work.

11 Comments:

  1. Sarah E said...
    Cute necklace. Glad you guys had fun. Oh and thanks again for the puking at our house! :)
    RACHELLE said...
    you done good with your bling!

    i totally feel ya on the stair jumping contest! sometimes i look back in horror at the things which i willingly allow to transpire in my presence! ahhhhhhhhh! what was i thinking???? oh well. all is well that ends well. right? except of course poor lucy, (or as i often mistakenly call her ,lily :)
    Emily said...
    We jumped off stairs as kids. Highest I ever got was 8. My brother Delos once did it from the very top--13 stairs--with a VERY small landing at the bottom. Awesome.

    Love your necklace!
    Jillo said...
    When we were kids, we used to drag the mattress off our bed and slide down our stairs. My mom totally let us, who knows why. But it was great!

    13 steps is pretty impressive. Hats off to your brother!

    And Rachelle, I fought long and hard for Lucy to be Lily. I LOVE that name! Kent was stuck on Lucy and after awhile, I was stuck on it too. But I do think my first choice would have been Lily. =)
    Amber said...
    Cute!! Great job! Hope things stay puke free! :) And i am a fan of Lilly..... Just have another!!!
    Alison said...
    Cute neclace! I'm glad your puke free for a while, and I'm glad you got to get out for a while I saw some cute fabric last night for a Lucy dress so call me and we will go fabric shoping if you need to get out again.
    J Fo said...
    What a fun mom you are!

    I think that you should make more necklaces and go into business! I would totally buy one!
    Jaz said...
    Lookin good. I might have to hire you to help during the holiday season. :)
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Jill-
    I am glad you have so many talents so i can be jealous of you. Although, you don't make as snarky of comments on blogs than I do. I really thought you would edit your last post after I pointed out that Wes was bored of his bum..but you didn't. Maybe I am not as snarky as I thought. Ok, so i am talentless--but I am glad you have talents!(just too many..couldn't you have shared a little when talents were being handed out??)
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    I'm glad you guys are getting better. Has anyone else gotten sick yet? Your necklace is beautiful.
    Boquinha said...
    Nice necklace! Hope everyone is well now!

Post a Comment