8.4.09

My cute cousin-in-law did this great tag called "10 things you like that start with the letter__." I thought it sounded like fun  and asked for a letter. She so sweetly gave me the letter w. W? Hmmm.... W makes you think. I had to really get the old gears a grinding.

So here you go,  1o things I love that start with the letter W:

1. Water. To drink, not so much to swim in unless you are at the ocean. I have this thing with public pools...  But anyway, nothing is better that a freezing cold glass of water. For some reason we totally lucked out and the water that comes out of our pipes is fabulous! Especially in the winter because the ground is frozen so it is extra cold. Mmmm...... makes me thirsty just thinking about it. 

2. Windows. My old house had the best windows. They let in tons of sunlight and made everything so bright and cheery. My house now.... not so much. Why is it that architects in the 70's felt darker was better? Dark wood, less windows, small dark kitchen? I will never know.  

3. Wheat. Good stuff. 

4. Weston. One because we are commanded to like our children, but two because he is a really great kid. Very funny and very sweet. His alter ego's crack me up. Just today he insisted on being Bunny X while we were at the mall. He made bunny ears in preschool yesterday and they haven't left his head. Bunny X is a super hero bunny who loves to save the day. I am sure the other mothers thought we were a little odd, but Wes was loving it. 

5. WWW. The World Wide Web. I remember, many moons ago, a news anchor was doing a story on this new thing called the Internet. I am embarrassed to say my first thought was "what could you possibly need something like that for?" Poor, dumb me. Now my question is "what could you possibly do without it."  I use the Internet for EVERYTHING! Just today I learned a new recipe for cooking salmon, downloaded a digi scrapbook kit, chatted with a long lost friend on facebook, watched an episode of 30 Rock on Netflixs, researched some ideas of things to do with  my kids during Spring Break , and I just finished transferring money from one account to the another so I can pay for my groceries. Pretty awesome. 

6. Wages. Times are tough!  Wages are a blessing. 

7. Won Tons. The cream cheese variety. Mmmmmmm............ 

8. Walks. I hate to run, but I love to walk. Give me and Ipod full of great songs and a pair of comfy shoes and I can go for miles. 

9. Whedon, Joss Whedon.  I thinks this guy is great. He is the head writer, director,  and executive producer of such gems as Firefly, Serenity,  Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dollhouse. He also helped write Toy Story and directed a couple of episodes of The Office, along with too many other fabulous things to mention. He is hilarious. If you are not familiar with any of the above mentioned TV shows/one movie, I strongly recommend you check them out. (especially Firefly, I promise you will love it.) 

10. Wicked, the Broadway show. as well as all other Broadway shows, musicals, and plays. I love theater and if you throw music in, even better. Wicked is one of my favorites. I secretly want to be Kristen Chenoweth and I use the Wicked soundtrack to channel her awesomeness. 

Tada! There you go. 1o things I love that start with the letter W.  This is a fun tag. I am not going to tag anybody in particular, but it you want to give it a go, let me know and I will think of a letter for you. 

5 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    This is cute! I too love water and Wicked. Dave recently watched Firefly (the series I think?) and said it could have been better. He thought the dialogue wasn't great. I haven't seen it, so I can't say.

    In 7th grade I did a report on this new thing called "email." I tried to explain it, but none of us understood it at all. So confusing. Writing to each other over a phone line? What?
    Boquinha said...
    Very clever indeed. I know what you mean about the WWW. I got back from my mission and I was like, "Surf the what?" I heart the Internet.
    J Fo said...
    Greg and I love Firefly and Serenity. It was fun. Not the deepest stuff, but enjoyable. I got Greg the season and the movie for his birthday!
    Stacy Holmes said...
    What about WHAZZUP? Your favorite question to answer from your favorite friend :) Or..Wowzers! A flash comment from the past..or Waffles..the kind with Whipped cream...or Willie Wonka Chocolate..or whistle while we whittle..whistle while we work..or wickywackywango...
    is that snarky enough??
    I have been planning the neighborhood egg hunt and my kids had the plague for 2 weeks..sorry haven't been very social..it is not just you!
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    So.. .about #9. Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog? Joss wrote/produced it when the writer's strike hit and it is freaking hilarious! It'll remind you of the Buffy musical. Nathan Fillion is the superhero in it.

Post a Comment