31.3.09

If you and your honey could go anywhere in the United States ALL BY YOURSELVES WITH OUT ONE SINGLE KIDDO!!!!! where would you go and why?

18 Comments:

  1. Neisha said...
    New York City
    We go there whenever we can. We love the food, especially the Pizza. There is so much to do, We are never bored. In fact we are going again in June for our anniversary. Why, do you get to go on a vacation?
    Emily said...
    Funny, I just asked Dave and he said New York too. I agree. Kids would be too hard there, with all the walking/noise/traffic. But SO fun alone. You could try all the fun restaurants and do crazy shopping without worrying about naps and messes. Heaven.
    Melissa E said...
    Weird I was thinking either New York or DC. New York same reasons as above DC because there are so many great museums there that would be great to enjoy with out little kids to run after and try and keep quiet.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Washington DC is fab! All the museums and sights are free- the country is beautiful, you enjoy history much more after visiting- and Bush Gardens (with fab rollercoasters) is only a short drive away. Jamestown and Williamsburg aren't far either.. The East Coast is beautiful in the Spring and Fall- and kids under 8 don't fully appreciate DC- so it is great with adults only- plus, you don't need a rental car- the subway gets you everywhere-
    Plus, my sister is there- but you probably don't want to see her..
    Is Kent in on the gig??
    Jaz said...
    probably DisneyLand or Six Flags...we love roller coasters & haven't been able to ride one together in a llloonnngggg time. Ty would probably say Hawaii, but I don't like long plane rides. Too bad we won't get to even consider it for 13 more years. :(
    Melissa said...
    I'd pick Alaska or Hawaii depending on the time of year. Hawaii because I could go scuba diving and Alaska because it looks so beautiful. New York's crowds and shopping doesn't really appeal to me, but Broadway on the other hand would be something else entirely.
    Boquinha said...
    These comments illustrate how great it would be for you to move East:

    1. You can live near us.
    2. We're 2 hours from NYC and DC so you can visit lots (we can watch your kids).
    3. The East IS beautiful.
    4. It's affordable.
    5. You can get your farm and raise goats and chickens.

    It's fabulous out here!! My friend's husband surprised her the other day--he called her at 1pm and said to be ready to go by 3 . . . they went to NYC for the evening and watched Phantom, ate out, played in Times Square, and then went home. We're so close to the city yet so tucked away. It's AWESOME!! :D

    Why are you asking? Are you going on a trip? If you do NYC or DC, you HAVE to come here, too. We'll cook you good food, I promise!!
    Andrea said...
    Hawaii all the way.

    1) I need a tropical vacation.

    2) I would never take kids on a plane trip that long.

    3) I would never take my little kids to a snorkelling/beach/swimming destination when not one of the three knows how to swim yet.

    4) I REALLY need a tropical vacation.
    Peg said...
    You don't know me but I am Emily's Aunt - I highly recommend Maine. We flew into Boston and then drove up to Vermont and then across NH and stayed a week in Maine. It's was AMAZING!! We liked it so much we did again the next year. Or Tampa Bay - love the beach and white sand
    Jillo said...
    Our 12th Anniversary happens to fall on a super long weekend of no school this fall. And since both moms are school workers, this means they will be home and available to babysit. So Kent and I are going to bail! After much debate, I think we have decided on DC. I have never been back East and Kent loves all things museum so it was the perfect fit. It's not till October, but still..... it's going to be so awesome. =)
    Thanks for all your great ideas. I have had such a great time googling every where and choosing the perfect place.
    Boquinha said...
    Oh Jill, how FUN!! It's your anniversary so we don't want to cramp your style, but if you want to see the Amish Country, Hershey Chocolate World, and eat some really good Portuguese food and hang out at our farmhouse along with your DC adventures (we're 2 hours from there), you're very welcome!!
    Amber said...
    Ryan says "fiji" without hesitation! I was surprised. But sounds good to me! Fun for you going to DC! I want to go there too. My new interest right now is Austria.... fun, cute, quiet place.... very interesting.
    stacey said...
    Atlantis for me :)
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    How exciting for you two.

    Right now I would be in the mood to go to the beach somewhere. Maybe Texas.
    Jaz said...
    You must check out this woman's blog: mama2point0.wordpress.com
    I found her from Today's Mama connect. She has a pretty irreverent title for her blog, but she is steadily cracking me up!
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    Yeah, DC is one of my favorites cities. You'll have a blast. There is SO much to do & see there. I grew up 2 hours from there - Hershey was in my stake (Harrisburg Stake) and Amish country was where some of my best friends lived (Boquinha - whoever you are you sound like you live in my old stompin' grounds!) I actually can't wait to take my kids to DC someday soon. Our 12th anniversary is coming up this June & we're hoping to ditch the kids (for the first time EVER) and recreate our honeymoon in San Luis Obispo, CA. Here's to 12 years!! WOO-HOO!
    Boquinha said...
    Lisa, we're in Annville (Lebanon area). Where are you from?
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    Boquinha - Hi! I lived in Carlisle (just south of Harrisburg) from 1976 - 1995. So many things about it I miss. . .

Post a Comment