17.3.09
In an effort at being one of "those moms" I made green pancakes for my kids for breakfast. I was so excited because I never do stuff like this.
They were met with mixed reviews.
Kaden refused to eat them and opted for cold cereal, but then caved because the syrup was calling his name.
Tanner was super excited to eat them, but then threw them up because it turns out he has the stomach flu today.
Weston wouldn't eat his until we reminded him that the Hulk was green. (Wes is super into being "Kid Hulk" right now. Have I ever told you about Weston and his alter egos? He has about a million and you have to get the right one or he won't answer. Plus he speaks about himself in 3rd person ie. "Kid Hulk doesn't like that", or "Black Manic wants a cookie". It is cute, but it can drive a person a little batty.) Once he decided that Kid Hulk liked green things to eat, he ate about 9 of them.
And Lucy's favorite thing to eat is dog food and lotion so green pancakes were practically gourmet.
All in all a successful and fun St. Patrick's day breakfast.
Now I am working on coming up with something fun and green for dinner. I thought about green mashed potatoes, but that kinda turns my stomach. Maybe we can make four leaf clover shaped pizza.
3 Comments:
-
- Emily said...
March 17, 2009 at 7:36 PMWe had pancakes for dinner but I didn't make them green. Isaac had green eggs & ham for Dr. Seuss's birthday at preschool and he told me in no uncertain terms he would never eat green food again.- Boquinha said...
March 17, 2009 at 10:28 PMI can't do the green thing either. Food has to look good. But I'm all about celebrating anything! Way to go. :) Love the 4-leaf clover pizza idea.- Shafferprincess said...
March 19, 2009 at 9:25 AMSo, what did you end up doing for dinner? We had green pancakes that morning for breakfast, too! And, the boys wanted pink milk, so, that's what they had! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)