25.2.09
We don't get out much.
Lugging four kids to a store is more headache than joy. Usually one of us will run while the other stays home and entertains the kids.
But last night Kent needed a new screwdriver, so we loaded everyone up and went to Sears.
On the way Kade piped up, "hey, isn't this the place with those awesome escalators?"
It was and the four kiddos spent the entire time at the store going up and down, giggling and laughing, pretty much having the time of their lives. I think people thought we were insane.
I really wish I had brought my camera.
Who needs Disneyland? We've got the Sears escalators.
Like I said, we don't get out much.
8 Comments:
-
- Andrea said...
February 25, 2009 at 11:49 AMHa ha! That's great. Maybe I'll try that idea. (Except with my luck, the kids would trip and get their clothes sucked into the thing. Guaranteed tears with that activity!)- Emily said...
February 25, 2009 at 11:54 AMwe do that ALL THE TIME. I think the people at Dillard's at South Towne Mall were seriously DONE with me after the winter two years ago. Every single day, we'd go play on the escalators. I can't tell you how many random strangers told me how dangerous it was to let my kids play on the escalators. I'd smile and nod, then run over to the next one.- Alison said...
February 25, 2009 at 12:38 PMCarly likes Sears for the 'vader' the elevator. Now we just go to grandma's for that- Amber said...
February 25, 2009 at 4:15 PMToo funny! Now that i think of it... i don't think Lilly knows what those are. Anna does but it's been a while! :) Not a fan of lugging kids myself! But, hey! I would like my girls pix done. i need to call you. Hoping addie gets better first, and soon bc her pix are seriously behind.... 3rd chid syndrome. poor thing. LOL!- Amber said...
February 25, 2009 at 4:15 PMThis comment has been removed by the author.- stacey said...
February 25, 2009 at 9:24 PMthat is funny! we do the same thing at Sears :)- Sarah E said...
February 26, 2009 at 3:07 PMYou're lucky. We've dragged our kids around so many places with us that now they're immune to the joys of the escalator.- Boquinha said...
March 5, 2009 at 9:18 AMAwesome. I love the post. Next time take them to the airport and play on the moving sidewalks--we LOVE those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)