2.2.09
Saturday, Kent and I actually went on a date! Hooray! Usually our dates are either a quick dinner at our favorite Mexican dive, or a quick dinner at home while the kids watch a movie. Both options are lovely, but every so often, it is even lovelier to actually go out for more than 45 minutes.
We went for the dinner and a movie approach. In the theater, waiting for the movie to start, my seatmate came walking down the row of seats and overshot her chair, landing in my lap. We both laughed it off while she got settled in her own seat, but I should have been warned that this was a small glimpse of things to come.
As the show got started, it turned out that this same dear, little seatmate, bless her heart, was going to provide us all with a running commentary of the entire show! A play by play if you will. And you wanna know the best part? She used every swear word the world has ever invented, getting much, MUCH louder during the really exciting parts. (and wouldn't you know it, this was an action show so there were lots of exciting parts.)
At one point, the people in front asked if she wouldn't mind keeping it down. They were even polite. But alas, it turns out she did mind. Not only did she not keep it down, she got louder and swearier. (is that even a word? )
I was going nuts! Kent, who has a much better sense of humor about these things than I do, was trying not to bust a gut. He found the whole thing very entertaining. I was ready to kick him for laughing and kick her for not shutting up!
Honestly, some people.