30.1.09

I saw somewhere pictures of a cute, little girl in her blessing dress both when she was tiny and then again when she was a toddler. I loved this idea and vowed I would do the same for Lucy. I am so glad I thought of it today because her dress fit her perfectly! I think she needs a bunch in the same style to wear to church. (or maybe I should be brave and let her wear this one.)
So, here you go.


Then:

(sorry for the rotten picture, all the good ones are from Kiddie Kandid and since I don't have a scanner, this is what you get.)



And Now:








Of course, I am totally biased and think she is the most beautiful thing in the whole, wide world, but isn't she lovely? She is getting so grown up.

Plus..... a big shout out to whoever I stole this idea from. Thanks!

12 Comments:

  1. Stacy Holmes said...
    That is an interesting idea! Do you think Paige will still fit in hers?
    I love the one where she is kissing the stuffed animal- it looks so old fashioned to me..maybe sepia it??
    Stacy Holmes said...
    So, i got to thinking..if it is cool to do this, what is so wrong with getting bridals taken 12 years later?
    Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
    Jill-she is adorable--what a great idea. Great pictures too.
    Jill said...
    so cute! Can you imagine if I tried to stuff Jack into his little blessing tux when he is a year old? I guess it's a bit different for boys. I wish I would have done that for the girls. :-) I REALLY want you to come and get some pics of Jack (and maybe even the girls). Or I can come to you...let me know. :-) Will you trade for hair bows? I can do some editing,..just need some good shots with a good camera. Let's talk...:-)
    Boquinha said...
    Darling! Just darling! I love the idea, too. SO very cute.
    Emily said...
    I would have never thought of that, I love it! What a pretty dress, where did you get it?
    Jillo said...
    I have a friend who is a sewing master. I told her how I wanted it to look and she whipped it right up. She did an awesome job!
    Shafferprincess said...
    Very nice Jill! That dress is gorgeous, as is the little girl in it! :)
    Melissa said...
    you really have a great eye for this photography stuff, I wish I could get you to take some pics of Savannah. Kiddie kandids just don't do it for me. Beautiful.
    Sarah E said...
    This really is a cute idea. You're getting so good with your photography. Way to go. I'm going ot need you to come practice on my family. That could be really fun!
    stacey said...
    LOVE this idea I don't think my chubby baby would even fit in her blessing dress, do you think a doll would do the trick?

    Lucy is beautiful :)
    Jenny said...
    She is gorgeous!!! and so is the dress. My cousin made Maggie's dress big so she could wear it for the first year. I love it. Also I thought I was the last person on the planet without a scanner until a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a new printer/scanner/copier. I can't wait to play with it!

Post a Comment