4.12.08

Seriously, how many versions of this song are there?


Time to get a new tune, folks!

6 Comments:

  1. Alison said...
    Hey, I like this song. It is one of my favorits to sing. I once sang it for James E Faust. My Mom accompanies me on her Cello. It has a great high note at the end. I personaly could do with out My Grown up Christmas list. Every famous singer has to record it to be politically correct.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    It is only the beginning of the month, Jill my dear..You get to hear it at least a million times more before the end of the month!
    My least favorite is "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart" I heard another version today other than the Wham! version..Paleeese!
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Oh, and Christmas shoes is the cheesiest thing in the entire world..and then again, there is the Jewish guy that sings Christmas songs..but I mentioned him earlier this year so I won't tirade again.
    Jagged Rocks said...
    That is why I listen to my ipod all the time, I hear what I want to hear.
    Jillo said...
    I am with you on the "Last Christmas I gave you my heart" thing. That IS a pretty darn lame song. But I kinda like "Grown up Chirstmas List." It has a nice message. (But I suppose so does Oh Holy Night, right?)

    And speaking of that Christian poser, I heard him singing "Silent Night" today. I think you can get away with "Jingle Bells" and "Rocking Around the Chirstmas Tree" when you are a Jewish man singing Christmas songs, but "Silent Night" is kinda pushing the envelope. I think he should come out with a really good Hanukkah album. There are too many of those.
    Jill said...
    Mike and I decided that this song is only sung by Diva's and Deevers..(what's the male version of a Diva?) who want to show off their pipes. We've decided that they don't even try to portray the message of the song, they just want to hit that high note really long and loud. We also decided after hearing Michael Crawford sing it, that his version ROCKS!!!..he is the only one allowed to ever sing it again. :-) He seriously SOARS on that song..it's amazing.

Post a Comment