5.12.08
*Warning, this is an anit-Walmart post. If you love Walmart and do not want to hear anything negative, please DO NOT READ! I am feeling really fiesty!
Yesterday, I made my dreaded Walmart run. I don't love Walmart, but they are the cheapest and we are on a budget....... you get the idea.
The shopping part of the trip was rather uneventful, minus the checker with NO TEETH! It was at the pharmacy that the real trouble began.
Poor Wes has a double ear infection. He never said a word about it until it started to ooze intot his eyes. I was filling an antibiotic for him so the poor kid could breath again.
After waiting for about 15 minutes with zero acknowledgement that I was there, the cute, little, bouncy 18 year old girl finally called my name.
After waiting for about 15 minutes with zero acknowledgement that I was there, the cute, little, bouncy 18 year old girl finally called my name.
She told me the total would be $120.00.
I said, "um, no."
So she said she would check again, and came back with a total of $80.00.
Again, I said "um, no." I kinda wondered how someone could just knock 40 bucks off a prescription, but I didn't think to ask.
I was starting to get mad. We have had NOTHING but troubles at this particular pharmacy. Why I keep going there, I will never know.
I was starting to get mad. We have had NOTHING but troubles at this particular pharmacy. Why I keep going there, I will never know.
I, trying very hard to be nice, this was some 18 year old girl with pink stripes in her hair and a nose piercing; explained the total should be either 5, 25, or 50 dollars.
She leaned over and in a very bad stage whisper said, "oh honey, that is only if you have insurance." This was followed by a look of "poor lady, she is a bit crazy so I will smile at her and hope she doesn't freak out."
I said that I did have insurance. (which I do) and could she please check again.
This was followed by an EYE ROLL! But she did go check. There was now a line of about 154 people behind me. I hate being the one that holds up a line.
When she came back she told me that she could knock the price down to $66.00, (again, why are they able to keep knocking bones off my total?) but that my insurance had expired last month and there wasn't anything she could do, the insurance companies were closed. I could come back tomorrow if I wanted and maybe we could figure things out then.
I know I have insurance, I know it hasn't expired, I know this girl is probably making minimum wadge and she just wants me to go away.
But......
I kinda freaked out anyway.
I told her of my love for Walmart and how things are run. I told her my poor 3 year old was home with a double ear infection and I couldn't help him because of the incompetent help I was getting, I told her I would NEVER come back to this pharmacy, that we have nothing but troubles when we do and for that matter, I may never come back to Walmart either! Then I asked for my prescription back and left. It was quite a scene for me.
On my way to a different pharmacy, (which filled my RX without a problem because surprise, surprise, I do have insurance!) I felt a little bad for freaking out. She was just an employee of a HUGE company that probably didn't train her as well as they could have. It really wasn't her fault. Plus I hate to freak out at people, it doesn't really solves anything.
But my anger did do one thing, I have made a goal.... NO MORE WALMART!!!
I think that huge chains like Walmart are making us forget that customer service and competent employees matter. I would rather pay a few extra bucks to be treated with respect than to be treated like a head of cattle. It's going to kill me a little. I am a total cheapy. But seriously, at what point do you say enough is enough?
Anyone with me?
P.S. I promise this will be my last anti-Walmart post, I know I get a little passionate about this, but seriously!
Grrrrrrrrr!
8 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unfortunately, I'm not going to join you in your Walmart strike. I think there are a billion other companies that deserve my buisness more but because Walmart is so close I just know I will be there again and again. Fortunately, I don't need to ever use their pharmacy.