8.12.08

I am feeling bad because my last posts have been a bit negative and I really do love the holidays. So I thought I would share some of my most favorite Christmas things.
Photobucket

Kent and I were married in October and that first Christmas my aunt made a set of these cute reindeer for each adult couple. They were my first "grown up" gift (aside from wedding presents) and I love them.


Photobucket

My sister made this advent Christmas tree for my kid's present this year. It is brand new to our family, but I am sure it will become a classic. The boys have been having a blast hanging ornaments up each day.


Photobucket
My in-laws gave the boys these SUPER COOL glasses. When you look at Christmas lights with them on, it give the lights a halo that looks like Santa heads, snowmen or snowflakes. They really are cool and have kept my kids busy (and quite) which is always a plus.
Photobucket
Many years ago, I decided to collect snowmen ornaments for my tree. I now have a ton! They are all totally different, and they all make me smile. I think I will keep going until my entire tree is nothing but snowmen. =)
Photobucket
This one isn't a thing, but rather an event. It is Kent's job to put the lights on the tree and for some reason, I love it! I know my kids are gathering memories watching him and waiting to put the decorations on. We usually have a treat and some Christmas music going. I really hope my kids will look back on this with joy. I know I will.
Photobucket
If you haven't noticed, I am a sucker for nostalgia. My dad made this wreath as a Christmas decoration when I was just a kid. A few years ago, I rescued it from a death at the dump and hung it on the side of my house. It isn't just for Christmas, I try to decorate it for every holiday, but it reminds me of my childhood and Christmas's when I was young.

Okay, now it's your turn. What are some of your favorite things about the holidays? I would love to see pictures.
It might make for a fun blog post..........
Here's to a magical Holiday season!

7 Comments:

  1. Boquinha said...
    What a great post, Jill! I love that little advent tree--how cute is that? I'm working on some posts, too . . .
    Emily said...
    I have been planning on doing a post like this but have to wait 'til my camera gets fixed. Those glasses are awesome!
    Emily said...
    oh, and I have a bunch of snowmen ornaments too. It wasn't planned, it just happened that way. weird.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Fun stuff!

    I found some picture frame ornaments I bought at clearance last year. I think I'm going to start buying all the silver picture frame ornaments on clearance every year until my tree is full of them.
    Melissa said...
    This year has been bah humbug for me. I also collect snowmen. Everyone is different, and I love them. Hopefully we will be able to decorate for Christmas next year.
    Leuhoo said...
    Jill! I won't lie this post made me a bit misty. I love Christmas! But do you know what my favorite thing is? The little Elf we hide on the tree! I mean that takes me alllll the way back. :)
    Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
    I love this post and I did copy your creative idea! http://iacobazziandco.blogspot.com/2008/12/favorite-things-at-christmas-time.html And there it is. Thank Jill

Post a Comment