18.11.08

In an attempt at culturing her daughters, my mom invited my sisters and me over to learn how to decorate cakes. Thank you Sarah, for being prepared and bringing your camera. (and for letting me steal these pics off your blog.=) And thanks mom, for a really great Friday night.
My mother, teaching me yet again how to make frosting. I CANNOT make frosting to save my life. It is a real problem.
Before.....
After! Isn't it marvelous?

Sister Sarah, really excited to get things going.

Sister Kristy, not quite as excited.

Sister Lauri not excited at all, and calling in Dad for some reinforcements. Poor Lauri is dealing with oh-so-fun morning sickness and cake was low on the "I think I could eat that" list.

Good times.

10 Comments:

  1. Leuhoo said...
    Huzzah! It was the best of times and it was the worst of times... :) Mostly my cake was the worst of times. Thanks for not shaming me and putting my before and after... :)
    Jillo said...
    While the idea was indeed tempting, I deceided it was better to let your cake die and fade as just a horrible, and incredibly purple, memory.
    nickel... said...
    Oh man! What I would have given to have been able to crash that party! I LOVE hanging with the Roundy Clan (maybe because I am one!)

    And since I am past the morning sickness stage and well into the eat everything in sight stage I could have taken care of Lauri's portion for the night! Her face in that picture is classic!
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Congrats to Lauri! I didn't get that little tidbit of news..always fun. I wish I had a sister to do things with! (Ok I do have a sister but she is across the country and not much fun to play with over the phone!)
    Enjoy the memories!
    oh, and Jill, you are a cheese ball!
    Boquinha said...
    How cute are you and how cute are your sisters and parents?! I'm so jealous. People with sisters seem to always have instant best girlfriends. Fun post. What a cool thing to do together.
    Emily said...
    oooh, fun! i did this in young women's once, a whole winnie the pooh cake. it took hours. i wonder if i still remember how to do it?
    Nathan and Alyssa said...
    You girls are so cute. That's so great that Laurie is prego! Yay! I had bad morning sickness too. For 8 months. She should start blogging so we can talk about it. Or Facebooking. Tell her I said so.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    That bottom picture is hilarious. You need to do a collage with Westons goggle picture next to it!
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    ...maybe I will!
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    ...and I did. Check out my blog.

Post a Comment