20.11.08
Yesterday I fell.
I mean like "timber!" fall. And it really, really hurt.
Our garage is littered with scooters and bicycles, one jumped out and pushed me down.
Well, not really, but that is what it felt like.
It hurt my pride, it's rather embarrassing to fall down when you are a grown woman. Luckily the only one to see me was Kent and he was pretty nice about it. He gave me a hug.
It also hurt my whole body.
My back has a huge bruise from where I smacked into Kent's motorcycle.
Random muscles are aching like I worked them to hard or something.
And my head is hurting too.
I am a mess today all from one very lame fall.
Sometimes things will happen that remind me I am getting older. This would definitely fall into that category.
I don't like.
Not one little bit.
Tell you what. Let's go out for some yummy appetizers and maybe dinner, too. Then we'll talk for hours. Then we'll get dessert. Then we'll stop at Bath and Body Works for some really nice bath salts or something and then grab some great candles someplace and send you home for a relaxing bath. Oh wait. You live cross country. :(
sometimes i watch my kids fall--over and over again--and think, "that would be a much bigger deal for an adult." kids are lucky they're so low to the ground.
You're so awesome. I LOVE reading your blog. Thanks for keeping me well entertained!
I was at a boutique at this fancy schmancy house in Holladay and tripped over air (or a dog) and smacked into a glass door...SMACK, Crack! Luckily not the door but MY HEAD and shoulder. The bruise is lovely. The knot on my head hurts and is squishy...I know gross! i just claim brain damage and make everyone wince at the bruise and then laugh.