8.10.08

First thing: This is a picture of our mailbox. Poor little guy looked a lot like this when we bought the house, all rusty and dented on the side, but he did have a door on the front. Not anymore. Vandals struck last night and beat him up pretty good. Then they yoinked his door off. We are going to have to say goodbye to him. Silly vandals. Can't they think of something better to do?

Then, on the way to take pictures of Mr. Mailbox so I could blog about him, I found this:


ANOTHER PHONE BOOK!!!! This makes about 45 this year! This little fella didn't even make it into the house. He went right into the recycle bin where he will wait to be recycled and made into another phone book that will land on my doorstep next month.

5 Comments:

  1. Stacy Holmes said...
    Thank goodness we have recycling bins so we don't have to store those things, eh? By the way, that is the loveliest phone book picture I have ever beheld- the leaves make it so romantic. Speaking of romantic-
    Your mailbox should marry my mailbox- they look like the perfect pair--should we line them up??
    Emily said...
    hahahaha! i just took a picture of our third phonebook in a week on our doorstep. we don't have recycling bins so ours is in the trash, however. sorry, mother earth.
    Boquinha said...
    Cute post. What kind of a mailbox will you get? A nice new black one or one of those barn or lighthouse ones? :P
    Sarah E said...
    I think you should have Lonnie design you a new mailbox. No one's ever going to ever be able to knock over a 7 ft. metal man!
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    I hate the phone books too. I feel so guilty throwing them in the recycle bin. I was outside whent they were delivering them last week and told them I didn't want one. I was so excited to have stopped one from landing on my porch.

    Great pictures! You are getting so good!

Post a Comment