11.10.08

Today there was snow a-flying! Not ready for that yet. I don't love winter AT ALL. I am cold from November to March. The joy of living where I do is you get all types of weather, and sometimes in the same day, but the cold seeps right into my bones and today felt like winter. Blah.

On a warmer note, I got to spend the day with my cute aunt, my handsome cousin and my very silly and fun sisters. It was great. We played "sing a show tune" where someone throws out a musical/opera and you have to sing at least one song from it. Seriously good times when you come from a musical loving fam. We were pretty good too. We were painting her house because she is getting ready to sell. Four sisters, a cousin, an aunt, 5 gallons of primer and all the musicals you can stand do make for a fun afternoon. As a reward for our hard work, she took us all to lunch at Rumbi Grill. Mmmmmmm........ Thanks Auntie Shay!

Tonight my family went to a wedding reception full of old neighbors. No one had met Lucy so it was fun to show her off. I miss my old neighborhood quite a bit. There were some really great people out there.

Right now Kent is off with his buddies and I am home with 4 sleeping kids. Everyone tells me I am so nice to let Kent go out every other Saturday for his "man time" but the truth is I kinda love it. It is the only time I get the house all to myself to do whatever I want. Tonight I caught up on America's Next Top Model off YouTube (This show is totally ridiculous, but I have been a closeted lover since cycle 1) and ate caramels. Kent loves to go play games and I love to be free for a few hours. It's a win/win.

3 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    Dave goes to high school football games every Friday night. Some nights it's hard at first, but by the end of the night, I LOVE it. I love the alone time!
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    I'm glad you get the time alone and I'm glad Kent gets to go with the boys. Sounds fun.
    Boquinha said...
    Yay for some down time for you!

    I can't believe it's already snowing there!! That's crazy!

Post a Comment