1.10.08
Know what was happening eleven years ago today? I was becoming an official married woman! (although I can hardly say woman, I was a BABY!) Today is our 11th anniversary. We chose October 1 because October is my favorite month of the year and we figured this would be a great way to start it off. We were married on a Wednesday in the Jordan River Temple. This was really great because no one else was getting married that day and I was the star of the show. All the cute temple workers were so sweet to me. They really added to my day. We had our reception that night at a nearby church. We served eclairs, (my all time favorite desert) and I don't know if it was too many of those on an empty stomach or just too much going on in one day, but I got sooo sick. I had to dash out of the receiving line every few minutes and high tale it to the bathroom. On our way to honeymoon happiness we had to make a pit stop to snag some Pepto. Ughh! Actually the whole honeymoon was kinda lousy, but that is a story for another day. Eleven years and four kids later we are still going strong. I don't know where I would be without Kent. He is my best friend and I love him dearly.
Our story starts early, when we were just babies in high school. I was 15 and a sophomore. he was 17 and an awesome senior.
Here we are walking around the halls in high school and being so much in love. Please note my wicked awesome Green shirt that changed colors in the sun. Those were super cool.
We went to all the dances together my sophomore and junior year. Kent hated those dances, but he took me because he loved me.
Sorry this one is huge, I forgot to size it down. But this way you can enjoy it's awesomeness even better.
Kent left for his mission at the end of my Junior year. He spent two years in Ukraine. It was a sad day for me to see him go, but I was very proud of him. This is us the day before he left:
The hat was a main stay on Kent's head for a long, long time. He loved that thing. When he left I hung it on my wall and kept it as a shrine. Cheesy, but a little bit romantic.
While he was away, I finished high school and started college. We wrote the whole time. Of course, we went through the whole "what if I don't like him/her when we see each other again" thing. But things worked out and 6 months later we were married.
So here we are, 11 years later. I can truly say they have been the best 11 years I have ever had. I love being married and I love my little family. Happy anniversary, Kent. Thanks for an amazing 11 and here is to an eternity more.
We've waited for each other on our missions and we have BINDERS and BINDERS of our letters to each other. And I totally had a shrine, too. I got so teased by my roommates, but I didn't care. We're very happy!! Sounds like you are, too--that's wonderful! Happy Anniversary, you guys!!
I hope your 11th is more fun!