19.8.08
Those who know my little Wes, also know that he can be the most stubborn kiddo ever! He can throw down a tantrum like nobodies business. And they are like that energizer bunny, the keep going and going and going until I swear my head is going to pop off.
However....
I have discovered the magic tantrum stopping words! All I have to say is, "I guess you don't want to go to Disneyland...." They work every single time and they work INSTANTLY! No more tears, no more yelling, nothing but silence and a little sniffle. It is a thing of beauty.
He will wipe his eyes and paste a smile on his face and that is that. He really wants to go to Disneyland.
Does threatening the happiest place on Earth make me a bad mom? Even if it does, I am running with it. I don't think we would ever really leave him home, so technically this is an idol threat, a Super Nanny big time no no. But no one likes the drama, not even Weston, so I am doing us all a little favor, right?
I really hope Super Nanny is not reading this.
6 Comments:
-
- Emily said...
August 19, 2008 at 5:11 PMit worked for us too. and now that disneyland is over, so are the tantrums.- Jenny said...
August 19, 2008 at 6:38 PMCan I be so bold to say screw the super nanny! You do what works for you :) When are you guys going to Disneyland? Have you been before? Oh, it's so much fun!- Jill said...
August 19, 2008 at 7:17 PMI think it's a great idea! I wish we were planning a trip to Disney land so I could threaten my kids..lol...I guess there's always Santa Clause.....- Melissa said...
August 20, 2008 at 4:01 PMSometimes you just have to go with what works. It may lose efficiency over time, but how many Santa Claus threats do you remember growing up? And we turned out fine...I think.- Shauna said...
August 21, 2008 at 8:21 AMHow adorable! Amazing tactic! When are you going to Disneyland?- Jillo said...
August 21, 2008 at 9:31 AMWe are going in just a few weeks! We are very excited, the kids have never been. Poor Lucy is being left with Grandma. I KNOW she will have more fun with her than being dragged all over Disneyland, but it makes me sad to leave her.