14.7.08

Today has been a reading day. I have ignored my kids, ignored my house, even ignored the phone a couple of times. I cannot put it down.
I have found this book totally fascinating. Carolyn Jessop escaped from the FLDS cult with her 8 children in 2003. This is the story of her childhood up to the escape and after. The things that she saw and went through are amazing. I know I couldn't have been and strong as she was and still is. It will make you appreciate your own life and family so much more. It isn't written the best and sometimes she gets lost in a tangent or two, but it is so interesting.
Anyone else read it?

2 Comments:

  1. April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Thanks for the tip. That looks like the type of book I like to read. I love reading about how people overcome their trials.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    You know how i mentioned Debbie the other day? I ran into her that same day! Providence! She is fine and having a birthday this week. She and Anna are moving into the condos right by the new temple. She is very excited. Becky is staying in her mom's house. We saw Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D.. your boys would love it! It was really fun.
    Have a good week!

Post a Comment