16.7.08

Oh swamp cooler, you are so neat.
You keep us cool in the hot, dry heat.
You spin your fan and blow your air,
We stay so cool, we have no care.

But when Mr. Cloud comes out to play,
All your coolness goes away.
You try and try, but it's no good.
You just can't cool us like you should.

And so we sit, what should we do?
We turning into piles of goo!
And even though it isn't fair,
We'll count the days 'till central air.

10 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    Hilarious!! Growing up we had a swamp cooler and we loved it, but it never got humid in the summers in Albuquerque, so I always felt cool.
    Sarah E said...
    Sounds like it's time for a visit up to NSL. We're nice and cool here!
    Sarah E said...
    Sounds like it's time for a visit up to NSL. We're nice and cool here!
    Melanie said...
    I love your poems! And the Pic of Lucy is soo cute!
    Carolyn said...
    I can never write poetry! Good one. Sorry you are sweating. You remind me of your father for writing this poem.
    Boquinha said...
    Love it! We've lived in AZ and I so hear you. Swamp Coolers are great. But monsoon season and temps over 100? Forget it! On comes the A/C. And I know what you mean about putting it off. Kaching! :P
    J Fo said...
    Hilarious! I'm an English teacher and I would have given you an A+ for that poem. :) (I'm Jessica, Greg Foley's wife, by the way!) I remember seeing you at Scott and Lindsay's wedding and our babies were about the same age. My Emerson looked huge compared to your sweetie! I'm glad to see that she has filled in! I love those blue eyes and dimples!
    Melissa said...
    Nice poem Jill! It totally captures the essence of a swamp cooler with all it's pluses and minuses.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Ha ha. Great poem.

    One super positive about a swamp cooler is that you can have the kids running in and out of the house with it on. Can't really do that with central air unless you like to pay a big bill.
    The Bell Family said...
    I love you poem, so true about swamp coolers. We have both, not many people can say that, but some days the swamp cooler is great and others you are better with it not on at all.

Post a Comment