29.6.08

This took me a while, but I really enjoyed it. What a great tag. Thanks Boquina.

100. I love to chat and visit with friends,
99. but I hate to be in the spotlight. It embarrasses me and I am never sure how to react.
98. My most recent goal was to be better at speaking my mind.
97. It isn't going so great, I just keep offending people.
96. I am working on my tact.
95. I am a firm believer in being true to yourself, whatever that self may be.
94. I don't view myself as liberal, rather a believer in respect. I don't have to agree with or even like someones choices, but I do need to respect them.
93. I truly appreciate others who do the same.
92. I love a good bargain, especially in clothes. I am too cheap to pay full price
for anything,
91. except shoes, I would totally fork out 100.00 for a great pair of shoes with
out a second thought.
90. Garage sales are one of my passions.
89. So are chocolate chip cookies.
88. Basically any form of chocolate will do.
87. I love any and all types of music. (Even Rap has a little place in my heart. )
Music is my favorite form of expression.
86. I can sing along to almost any musical and love to do so.
85. In my alter life, I know I am a Broadway star!
84. I want a tattoo, but I will never get one. ( You can breath easy mom!)
83. I think they are totally sexy.
82. But you can carry them a bit too far.
81. My oldest son has ADHD and this can be a huge roller coaster ride.
80. He is also incredibly bright which only adds to the adventure.
79. I really wish I could find someone to talk to who shares this same challenge. It is a biggie and people don't always understand.
78. I am totally impatient. I have a really hard time waiting for things to happen. My husband is the opposite, he can wait forever for something if he thinks it is worth it. This makes for some interesting debates in our house. I say "let's do it" and he says "let's wait and see."
77. I am a firm believer in soul mates. I fell in love with Kent when I was 15 and have loved him ever since.
76. I am also a believer in karma. What comes around, goes around folks.
75. My biggest fear right now is gas prices and what they are doing to our economy
74. I get anxiety every time I have to go fill our van up.
73. I love love love to go to dinner. It is my favorite thing because I have tons of options on what to eat and no dishes to clean up after. My best date night is a dinner and a movie. Totally cliche' but totally great!
72. My favorite restaurant is a Mexican place that is a total dive. Kent and I go there almost every time we have a free night out. The owner will sit and chat with us when we come ask us if we want "the usual." I really like that.
71. I have a fear of public swimming pools. Not from drowning, but from the thought of all those folks bathing in the same water. Ewww......
70. If I could pick any place to live it would be the South although I have never been there. My roots are from Georgia and it calls to me sometimes.
71. I love the mountains.
70. I am so thankful that we live in a place where there are mountains just a few minutes away. I would happily spend a day hiking and singing around a camp fire.
69. But I HATE to camp. No tents for me, thanks. I will take a hotel and a shower every time.
68. We are going to Disney Land in a few months and I am so excited.
67. I have never been outside of the country.
66. But I have been to Hawaii twice for business.
65. I am a wanna-be hippie, but I am having commitment problems
64. I had every intention of using cloth diapers for Lucy but when I priced them out, they would have been about double the cost of disposable. My checkbook said no, but my hippie heart says yes.
63. I also bought a bunch of cloth bags for shopping but I NEVER remember to take them when I go. It makes me so nuts.
62. I am a big time reader.
61. I like a little bit of everything when it comes to books.
60. I have to have resolution in all my books and movies. I hate when they end and leave you totally hanging. I know, I know, it is all about using your own imagination or getting something out of it in your own way, but I want someone to do all that for me.
59. I am currently writing about 29 children's books in my head.
58. My dad and I want to write and illustrate one together.
57. My earliest memory is dancing on the fireplace of our brand new house and singing. I was four years old.
56. I have lived in 6 different houses, but only one state.
55. I love to go walking, especially at twilight.
54. I am teaching myself to garden. So far I really love it.
53. My dad is an amazing gardener. I am picking his brain for all his knowledge.
52. I am trying to figure out what I will do with my life when my kids get older. I really want to open my own preschool.
51. I taught Kindergarten for 3 years and preschool for 7. I love it.
50. Being around little children brings me true joy.
49. I hope I am never called to cub scouts! I love kids, but 8 year old boys are a conundrum. They frighten me a little and I even have one.
48. I am a Mormon.
47. I am a very sarcastic, yet spiritual person. (Can there be such a thing?)
46. I have a hard time being reverent in church.
45. My favorite flower is Lilacs. They remind me of spring.
44. I always get one line from a song stuck in my head and sing it over and over, driving myself nuts.
43. I have a completely sarcastic sense of humor, people either get me or they don't.
42. I have a really bad habit of deciding if I like or hate someone the first time I meet them.
41. Someday I will hire a maid and a personal chef, at least for a week.
40. Kent and I have big plans to travel once we are empty nesters.
39. My neighbor has a canary that she will put outside on nice days and I open my windows so I can hear it sing. It makes me happy.
38. I am very afraid of strong winds. I fear that our house will blow away. I guess I watched "Wizard of Oz" one too many times as a kid.
37. People that are full of themselves do not impress me. Nothing turns me off more than never hearing the words "how are you guys doing?"
36. I once flirted with a waiter and got a free drink. The best part was Kent was there and he was very proud of me. =)
35. I hate to be cold.
34. I would rather sit in 100 degree weather than in the cold.
33. I love to tell myself stories when I am doing chores I don't like. My kids do it too and I think it is great.
32. Naps on a Sunday afternoon are a little slice of heaven.
31. Mornings are not my thing.
30. Autumn if my favorite time of year.
29. The best concert I have ever been to is The Blue Man Group. I surprised Kent with tickets for Christmas.
28. The second best was Angela Landsbury with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She is awesome.
27. The third I must say was Neil Diamond. That man can give a good concert.
26. I have a major pet peeve of being walked out on or hung up on. Nothing gets under my skin more. Grr....
25. Nothing smells better than my little babies fresh from their baths and ready for bed.
24. I love being home with my kids and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but part of me really wants to get out there and do something not my-kid related for a few hours each day. Someday maybe.
23. I hate to wear socks.
22. I hate nylons even more.
21. I think I have a knack for putting colors together.
20. I love to decorate my house and paint my walls with color.
21. My toes are like my other hands. I can pick up almost anything up with my toes so I don't have to bend over.
20. Sappy, lame country songs always make me tear up.
19. I am really good at rhyming. I can compose a silly little poem for any occasion without any mental trauma.
18. I love to keep track of old friends and check in with them every once in a while.
17. I cannot watch sappy romance movies. The reason is because they always have a big fight or something bad happens to them before they get back together and I can't stand the stress.
16. Whenever I can sneak some time all by myself without any kids it is a happy moment.
15. The worst date I ever went on was my Junior prom and Kent was my date! He had already graduated and did not want to be there. I still haven't forgiven him for that one. ;)
14. Taking a hot bath on a cold winter night is fabulous.
13. I love the rain. I think I would be quite happy living in a very rainy climate. The smell and sound of it is very soothing.
12. I say a prayer each morning for help to be happy. I think that this is a vital part of making it through your life sane. You can't always choose what happens to you, but you can always choose how you react.
11. Good quotes are like food to my soul.
10. I am a rotten speller.
9. I want to be like my mother-in-law when I grow up. She makes everyone feel like they are the most important person in her life and that she has no where to be but right there listening to you.
8. I own more shoes than I could ever possible wear. (rememeber number 91?)
7. I hated living in Utah for a long time. I really wanted to move out of state. As I have grown older, I have gained a true love for being here and now I don't want to be anywhere but here.
6. I love quirky, weird people.
5. My husband says I am goofy. I do love to be silly sometimes, but I don't know if I would go so far as goofy.
4. If I could have one wish it would be for my kids to grow up with a secure sense of self. I think if you know who you are and what you are all about then everything else will fall into place.
3. I have bought diapers for 8 years and I am going to throw a party when I don't ever have to buy another bag of diapers.
2. I love when people take an extra minute for thoughtfulness. I am not thoughtful by nature and I am working on being more so.
1. I like who I am.

Now I tag Stacy H, Sarah, Lana, Melanie and Renee.

10 Comments:

  1. April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Wow!!! I loved reading this!!! I learned some new things about you but I'm also comforted to know that I knew most.

    Thanks for taking the time to do this. I think it's so much fun! You will love looking back on this in the years to come.

    Reading all 100 things made my eyes dizzy though... anyone else have that problem.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    I wish I could edit and leave a question mark at the end of my last comment.
    Boquinha said...
    LOVE this list! I am really enjoying reading these "100 things" lists!

    (April, I did get a little dizzy, too. I think we're not used to black backgrounds, though I secretly wish the whole Internet would switch to all Black backgrounds instead of white since it's actually better on your eyes!) :P Maybe we're not used to it . . .

    Here are notes I took as I read (because I'm kicking myself for not having done that with others I've read so far on which I've commented):

    98-96 made me laugh out loud--I love it! Omigosh, you and I have so much in common (April, you and I are so on the same page with money and other things, too--I wish I'd taken notes during yours, too!)! Soul mates, respect of others, etc. gas prices/food prices stressing you out, I LOVE eating out!

    So the South is calling to you? You
    MUST read Cane River!! It's written by a black woman who became the CEO of Sun Microsoft Systems(!) and somewhat impulsively quit because her Southern roots were calling to her. The result is Cane River and it's a glorious family history in novel form. Our book club LOVES that book! I highly recommend it!

    I'm a wanna-be hippie, too. :P And sarcasm and spiritual go hand-in-hand around here! :)
    When I get a song stuck in my head, I have to listen to the song to help get it unstuck. Weird, I know.
    I hate to be cold! I hate socks!
    I have monkey feet, too! We have bold colors on our walls. I'm HUGE on secure sense of self. Huge.

    Oh, this is SO FUN to get to know you guys better! I'm LOVING that we've hooked up with the Oaks girls!! :)
    Emily said...
    I didn't get dizzy because I read it on my google reader.

    I'm loving reading these, but I'm terrified to do one myself. I've done the "six things about me" a few times and had a really hard time coming up with six...but 100? i don't think i can do it. I have a lot in common with you too!
    Boquinha said...
    LOL! See, I started reading it on my bloglines reader but came here because I know the background is black and my eyes are WIGGING out from so much computer from the past few days we've all been sick! :P Funny, Em.
    Jillo said...
    Sorry about the dizziness. Should I change things around?

    Emily, you totally need to do one! We need to get to know you a little bit better for sure. Plus you really do end up learning about yourself quite a bit. You can do it!
    We will be waiting......

    Stacy, who knew we could be such twins? I love it!
    A funny note on that. When I was reading Mark's 100 things, I thought he sounded so much like Kent. So if they are alike and we are alike..... all I can say is too bad we don't live closer. We could have some serious fun.

    Thanks for the book recommendation. I will totally check that out. I am alway on the look out for a good book.
    Melissa said...
    I really enjoyed learning more about you. You said the South is calling to you... I know where you can get a great deal on a house in Mississippi, but you might want to rethink that because if you are scared of strong winds, tornados are no fun! Thanks for posting!
    Sarah E said...
    This was a fun post. I must know you pretty darn well. Not one of these was new info. I guess that's a good thing for sisters to know each other so well.
    Carolyn said...
    Holy Shmoly! I'm soooo glad I don't have to do this!

    I liked so many things on your list, but one of my personal favorites, which I will now implement is #12.
    The Bell Family said...
    Thanks Jill, it was fun reading about you. I was amazed at how many things I didn't know about you. Is okay if it takes a year for me to do my 100 things? I swear it will take me that long!!!

Post a Comment