21.4.08
Here are some interesting things that happened on April 21.
The number one song in 1979 was Blondie "Heart of Glass"
followed closely by Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive"
The Battle of San Jacinto happened in 1836 where Texas won it's Independence from Mexico.
It is also San Jacinto day in Texas
In 1980 Rosie Ruiz, the first woman to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon, was disqualified when officials discovered she had jumped into the race about a mile from the finish.
Charlotte Bronte, the author of Jane Eyre (my all time favorite book,) was born in 1816
In 1910 Samuel Longhorne Clemens a.k.a Mark Twain died
2 Comments:
-
- Sarah E said...
April 21, 2008 at 11:44 AMI like your 'On This Day' thing. Too bad you decided that you were going to patent it, or I would copy it for sure.- Anonymous said...
April 21, 2008 at 7:44 PMI think perhaps the greatest thing that occured on April 21 was that Cindy Ellsworth gave birth to Ryan. Now let Sarah say that I am sucking up to him too much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
