20.4.08
The 2nd grade did a program for all the parents. They sang songs about the things they had learned about during the year. It was really great! Kade did a super job singing, (his LEAST favorite pasttime, go figure with me for a mother....)
Before the program, they put the projects from their animal reports on display in their classrooms. I enclosed a picture of the infamous Red Headed Woodpecker diarama that Kade made. We found the stuffed bird at a thrift shop. Kade proudly announced to the whole class that his mom always takes him to thrift shops and that we buy way cool things. I wasn't sure what to think of this announcement. I do enjoy a good bargain hunt, and thrift shops are my secret delight, but I don't usually share this with the public. Now the entire 2nd grade knows. Oh well, what can you do?
Kade, we are proud of you! You did a fantastic job. You sang your little heart out and we love you for it. Way to go!
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay for thrift stores! That cracks me up that he told the class! At least it was in a proud way, rather than embarrassed. You are such a cute mom! BTW what thrift stores do you frequent?