24.4.08


If you are a person of LDS faith, birthday number 8 is a biggie!
First of all, at the beginning of the year you turn 8, you get to graduate to senior primary, no more baby songs for you!
Second, you get to get baptized. Kaden getting baptized this year has been a huge blessing in our home. We are so proud of him and the choices he is making. He is turning out to be a great young man.
And third, and best of all if you ask Kaden, you get to start Cub Scouts. There has never been a more enthusiastic cub scout EVER! He was so cute getting ready for scouts yesterday for the first time. If you know Kade, you know that neatness and organization are not his strong points. But he was so careful and respectful to his new shirt and hat, I was loving it! He proudly walked right up to to his den mother 's house with a grin from ear to ear, knocked and then saluted her when she opened the door. (We will work on proper saluting tactics later.)I think he was feeling like a million bucks and I was the proudest mom around.
I love to see my kids grow and reach new milestones. This has been a wonderful year of firsts. Lucy being born, Tanner starting Kindergarten, Weston going to preschool and now Kaden being baptized and heading off to Cub Scouts. It really is the little things that make it all worthwhile.
So Happy Birthday Kaden! You are much loved and adored and I hope that number 8 is the best year ever!

2 Comments:

  1. Sarah E said...
    Happy birthday Kaden. We love you. Can't wait to see you at your baptism!
    Carolyn said...
    Wow an 8 yr old huh Jill! He is one cute kid. I love his token "take my picture" camera face.

Post a Comment