30.1.11

One week of homeschool down! Someone told me to take it not day by day or week by week, but hour by hour. Seriously wise advice. I think I ran the full emotional circle at least 23 times a day......I love this! I hate this! This is okay! I love this! I hate this.....you get the idea. But all in all the week was a success. Kade was happy and we were actually quite productive.  After some serious drama in figuring out curriculum and schedules, I think we are well on our way to happy.

Body Mass Index....thoughts?  Personally not a believer.

Lucy will ONLY wear tights or leggings. No jeans. It's okay...we have plenty of both, but there is a whole drawer full of jeans doing nothing but hanging out. Are most 3 year old girls so picky about fashion? She is going to kill me!

Speaking of Lue, here are typical  Lucy fashion and accessories for a Tuesday afternoon.


Did you know there are some really cool charter schools out there? Trying to figure out how far is too far to drive every day. Would you drive 30 mins each way if the school was the right fit? That's 2 hours in the car every day.....is it worth it for your kiddo to excel and be happy?

Today I made my first pan of brownies that might actually be worth eating. I can make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies, but cannot for the life of me make decent brownies. My mom can but I someone missed the gene. Maybe today's the day!

3 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    I don't know if it's necessarily a girl thing--my boys haven't worn jeans in years. They will only wear sweats or warm-up type pants. I buy jeans every year hoping this will be the year, but no. Jeans are out for them.

    That picture of Lucy makes her look so grown up, and beautiful.

    I don't think I'd drive that far for a school...but you never know. If it's seriously amazing, I guess I would.
    Alison said...
    Hang in there with Kade. you are awesome! I really mean that.

    Brianna only wore dresses from about 2 1/2 till about 5 1/2 we went through a lot of tights, and leggings in all that time.

    I hate driving and don't know if I could drive that far every day, though I hate animals and some how spend every weekend on a farm walking through manure and have even learned how to saddel a horse so, I think if it came to it, I'd make the drive.

    I need to give you a brownie lesson, cuz I make a mean brownie.
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Hey- long time no talk!
    thoughts on the 30 min one way..it is actually at least 45 min by the time you do the carpool lane and wait for the kiddo to come out. There has to be something closer...or you could make yourself get closer??
    3 year old girls are the vainest creatures on the Earth..some don't outgrow it either..ask my 8 year old!
    glad you found your chocolate happy place! Love you!

Post a Comment