8.9.10

Potty training is hands down the WORST part of toddler-hood. After 3 boys, I was sure one little girl would be no problem.
"girls are so much easier," you all said.
"she should be potty trained before she turns 2," you all said.
"my little girl potty trained herself, I didn't have to do a thing but supply the undies," you all said.
How very foolish we were.

When it comes to potty training, this girl is kickin' my butt. (no pun intended)

After many moons and puddles, we have the #1 thing down. She is a pro and I am sooo proud.
Say it with me to the tune of Hip Hip Hooray,
No more diapers! No more diapers! No more diapers!

However,

The #2 issue is not going so well.  She totally COULD do it, she just won't.
She is that kind of a girl.
But I have discovered the secret weapon.
Everybody has a currency, (says Dr. Phill) and it turns out Lue's currency is Barbie movies. I told her she could have a brand new Barbie movie if she would only just poop in the potty. So what does my little angel do? Goes right in the bathroom and goes!
#1 and #2!
There was some serious dancing and cheering and Barbie movie watching.
So now I have about 50 bucks worth of Barbie movies sitting on top of my fridge for every time she goes #2.
AND IT"S TOTALLY WORKING!!!!
Best 50 bucks I ever spent.

6 Comments:

  1. RACHELLE said...
    ha ha ha...You are hilarious! and i will totally vouch for that whole currency thing... Kie's was getting to start dance classes like Lou Lou!


    Hooray for Lucy!

    and for you too!

    love shell
    Amber said...
    AMEN! Good for you!! I have yet to find the 'currency' for my 2yr old. She was potty trained for a few days, but doesn't want to anymore. BOO! Besides, those Barbie movies aren't too bad.... YEAH LUCY!!!!
    Melissa said...
    Thanks for the idea. Savannah was doing great until her big bro told her there was a potty monster...now we are slowly getting back into the undies. Maybe the extra incentive will work. Yeah for Lucy!!! I mean, when you think f all the money you would have spent on diapers, a few dollars on Barbie movies, sounds cheap!
    Emily said...
    Hurray! I already have TWO barbie movies for when Zoe reaches this age...courtesy of none other than YOU. Thanks!
    J Fo said...
    Congratulations! I'm so glad that you found a trick that works. Mostly I just used guilt with Emerson. :) I told her that the princesses would be sad and cry if she got them wet...and it kind of worked! Horrible, right?!
    Suzi said...
    Yes ma'am every kid has their currency. Chad liked the little pokemon guys and I still see them hanging around in his drawer. He's almost 14 and I still remember encouraging him to use the potty. He was pretty easy.
    Go Lucy! Literally.

Post a Comment