19.11.09

As many of you know, we are in the process of finishing our basement. A most ginormous undertaking to say the least. But most thankfully we are in the final stages! Huzzah!
We just finished the mudding and taping and tackling the accompanying mess. There are 3 different shop vacs in my house right now, all used to keep the dust under control. A crappy one that doesn't get used much, a filterless one to suck up water and one with a special sheet rock filter to suck up dust.
Good times.
My awesomeness arrives with the great idea to vacuum out our heat vents with a shop vac.
I lugged the shop vac withOUT the filter upstairs and went to work. It was doing such a great job that I got carried away and started vacuuming everything, including the patio steps that were covered with sand.
I was a good 2/3 done with my kitchen floor when I noticed that because there was no filter, everything I vacuumed was flying out the back all over my counters.
We are talking heat vent grodies, dog hair, sand, paper, the whole caboodle.
NASTY!
So I lug the filtered vacuum upstairs to pretty much re-vacuum the entire kitchen.
It was during this re-vac that my second brilliant idea came about.
My laptop keyboard gets pretty gross, I am a total type and eat girl, so I gave it a quick pass with the shop vac to take care of crumbs.
It took care of the crumbs alright.....it also took care of letter Q.

Photobucket
Gone.

Sucked into an abyss of sheet rock dust and other such wonders.
After a 10 minute debate of just how necessary was the letter Q on a keyboard, I pulled out the filter, sliced it open and sifted away searching for Mr. MIA.

Photobucket

You may not know how many disgusting things are lurking in your heat vents and back porches, but I do....

Fortunately fortune smiled on my quickly and the missing letter appeared.

Photobucket

And even more fortunately it popped right back on, good as new.
See....... qqqqqQQQQQqqqq.

The moral of my story, shop vacs do some great things, but vacuuming off keyboards should not be one of them.

Oh, and filters are a must.

On a lighter note, I found this shirt at Target and I love it! Very Weston and only 6 dollars.
Nice.

Photobucket

7 Comments:

  1. stacey said...
    Holy Cow that made me Laugh!!!! For me the letter Q is VERY important or my poor son would just be "uinn" instead of "Quinn" Thanks for the laugh and Yea that your basement is almost done, it is such a mess but soooooo worth it :)
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Lovin the shirt! Quite simply Queer! I think you are the Queen of T-shirts. Too bad they are called T shirts instead of Q shirts then this post would be Quirky!
    Jaz said...
    Laughing at Stacy H. and her attempt to s how just how important the letter q is. I think I would have just managed without it. :)
    Sarah E said...
    Oh sister! You are too funny. After your call I told this story to all my friends and we all had a good laugh at your expense. I'm happy to see the Q was recovered. I still can't believe you did that!
    RACHELLE said...
    ha ha ha ha...i am just pleased to hear of your awesomeness!

    i would like to also recommend NOT trying to vaccuum beads out of your toddlers nose.

    it apparently could close up their lung by force. huh. who'da thunk?

    i would have paid to see your face when you reallized the junk was h=just flying back out!!! good stuff jill thanks!

    did you get your gift certificate from your front door?

    hope so!
    J Fo said...
    HA! What a day! Thanks for the laugh!
    Boquinha said...
    Hilarious post! I love it. And I'm so happy to hear your news about the basement. Hurrah!

Post a Comment