5.11.08
It's a marshmallow world in the winter, when the snow comes a' tumbling down......
This is the song stuck in my head this morning. It is a blizzard outside my house! I love the snow until December 26th, then it is time for it to go. My boys were thrilled to break out their snow boots for the walk to school. But happiness turned drama when we realized that last years snow boots were too small. Oh the horror!!! What shall we do???? A total buy off of a trip to the store RIGHT after school for some new boots did the trick, (and I may or may not have promised them a surprise if they would please stop crying.)
Barack Obama is the new president! I am quite glad for this. One of our local Republican leaders said it best when he stated "Washington isn't working. I think this was a spanking well deserved for the Republican party because things need to change and the American people realize it." That is exactly how I feel. I am excited to see what will happen.
Change is in the air!
Lucy is walking! Or rather, not falling as much. She is so cute to watch. She is a timid little thing, so this is big time bravery for her. She takes about 6 steps and then laughs and laughs, so proud of herself. I can't believe she will be one this month. Poor girl will forever be stuck with a Thanksgiving weekend birthday. I wonder if she will ever get sick of the whole birthday cake nestled amongst the Thanksgiving pies thing. Oh well. My birthday is on a pretty rotten day and I survived. I never knew it was lame until I was an adult, maybe she will be the same.
I browsed through a toy catalog this morning and was slightly discouraged. Toy are SO expensive! And most of them are kinda lame. This is the hardest part of Christmas for me. Helping my kids find a great toy that they will love, that isn't 500.00 and won't fall apart 10 minutes after they open it. Any ideas?
Your brain and mine..ya gotta wonder..
I woke up my family this morning singing about a marshmellow world in the winter..Weird!
As for the toys, I wish I had answers. Isaac has his heart set on the cadillac escalade from Costco. It's $300. We also don't have a garage, so it's just not going to happen. I wish there was some way to let him down easy before the big day so we don't have to deal with a tantrum-ish kid on Christmas day.
I can't believe you guys have snow! It's currently 67 degrees here. Go figure.
And, friend, YES WE CAN!! :)