31.10.08

For part one of keep my kids busy today, I snagged my mom and met my sister up at Memory Grove. Memory Grove is this beautiful, and I do mean beautiful, park dedicated to the Vets of World Wars I and II and Vietnam. It is hidden away in the heart of down town and is a bit tricky to find. Not only are the leaves absolutely fabulous this time of year, there are all these way cool monuments to check out. The kids had a ball exploring everything and I was in photographer's heaven. Here are a few shots of our fun. The crew.

Photobucket

View of the Capital's rotunda from the park. So pretty!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Playing in the water.

Photobucket

I adore this kid, but look very much forward to the day when he will smile a normal smile instead of this Muppet imitation. Try as I might, this is the only face I can get from him. You should see his school photos this year. They look a lot like this. =)

Photobucket

Tanner

Photobucket


Weston being very Weston. He is another toughie to get a good picture of. He loves to pose in the most wonderful positions.

Photobucket

This picture totally cracks me up. It captures the personality of all three perfectly. Kaden bored and ready to be set free, Tanner being cute, happy Tanner and Weston mad because I won't let him do the pose he wants to do, so he is going to pout instead. I love these boys!

The girls.

Photobucket

Seriously beautiful.


The highlight of the trip, the smiley face rock. Kaden is very sure that Guinness Book of World Records will be quite interested in this amazing thing.

10 Comments:

  1. Ryan's Repository said...
    It sounds like you all had a fun day. I like the picture of Kaden smashing that stick into the water. Nice shot.
    Alison said...
    Jill, great pictures. When did you hair get so long? Has it really been that long since the last time I saw you?

    Cute Costumes too. you look like you had so much fun.
    Emily said...
    sooo funny! I love that your kids don't pose for pictures either. You look so pretty!
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Ok Jill, what do you use to make your hair so long so quickly! I swear it wasn't even close to that long last time I saw you! I am glad you survived Halloween!
    Jillo said...
    What can I say, ladies? I was blessed with weeds for hair. It really does grow like crazy, I just have always kept it short so you don't notice. Thanks for the very nice words! You made me feel so speacial. =)
    Shauna said...
    Absolutley beautiful! Ahh...Utah in the fall, I miss it! Great pictures!
    Boquinha said...
    Great pictures! And check it out, you did it! A whole day with all the kids and you did beautifully! What were you worried about? ;) SUCH cute kids. And you look great! (I got your email--thank you!!--and I'm responding, I promise!!) . . . it's been crazy busy around here . . .
    Sarah E said...
    I absolutely love that one of Kaden under the tree. I got tons of kids sitting under that tree, but for some reason it never occured to me to get the actual tree in the shot. It's so gorgeous. And I do love the smiley face rock, but you were mistaken. It's Ripley's Believe or Not that Kaden's going to send that to. Don't you remember, "It's so perfect, it's almost unbelievable." Gosh I love your kids. :)
    Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
    I loev the picturs! How do you get them to hold still and pose with all the exploring that needed to be done? Weston is killing me with the boots!! He is too funny!
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    That picture second to the bottom is INCREDIBLE!!! I should have gone before the snow came.

Post a Comment