10.9.08

I think I was tagged by my long lost and very delightful friend Natalie. That, or she knows two Jills. Either way, I am going for it.

20 Years Ago

1. I was just starting the 5th grade. I had the most awesome teacher who looked uncannily like David Bowie, but she did a really cool Social Studies project involving a Barbie, masking tape and brown shoe polish.
2. I would intentionally miss the bus to school so I could catch the last 10 minutes of Jem and the Hologram's. She was truly outrageous.
3. My mom made me the best, bright red overalls you have ever seen. They were accompanied by a button up heart print shirt. Also home made. My mom even made our swimsuits. She was truly outrageous too.

10 Years Ago

1. I was coming up on my one year anniversary!
2. I was teaching preschool and going to the community colleges to further my early childhood knowledge. Kent was a teller at a credit union. We were poor, but happy.
3. At one point, the gas station across the street had gas for .79!!!! It was an all time record low for gas prices. Gone are the days, eh?

5 Years Ago

1. Still teaching preschool and loving it. I taught Kindergarten for a couple years and loved that too, but the schedule was too nutty because......
2. I had a VERY active 3 year old and a cute little 1 year old.
3. We had just bought our second house which was about 2 blocks away from our first house. We even stayed in the same ward. I loved that second house. It had skylights!

3 Years Ago

1. This was probably one of my hardest years. Now we had three little guys; 5, 3 and 9 months.
2. Kent's job wasn't going well and he was unhappy. Kade was having some issues in Kindergarten and his teacher was HORRIBLE! (this was before we had Kade all figured out) My best friend and sister had moved away and I was feeling really, really blue and lonely.
3. We decided to move (again!) to better the school and work situation, but left a really great ward that we still miss very much.

1 Year Ago

1. Things had improved by 100%. New job for Kent, new house for our family, new school for Kaden, new ward with great neighbors,....things were coming up roses.
2. I was hugely pregnant with Lucy, and after working hard to find joy in the fact that I was pregnant, I was so excited to be having a girl. I had a baby shower and it was so fun to open all that pink stuff up!
3. Kent and I ditched the kids for our 10th anniversary and planned a fabulous weekend together. Unfortunately, Kent got a nasty case of the stomach flu, it poured rain and I was too pregnant to want to do anything but sit around and complain. So now we are in the process of planning a do-over which hopefully will go a little bit better.

This Year So Far

1. We made a vow that we will NEVER move again!
2. Kent is working very hard on finishing the basement so we can have a bit more room.
3. I have learned that a house full of crazy, loud boys is stinky and noisy, but also a lot of fun. My boys have grown up so much this year and it is fun to see them doing "boy stuff."

Today

1. I have to get to the grocery store to buy some milk in the worst way.
2. It is rainy which always puts me in a good mood. I love the rain.
3. I am pretty tired because I stayed up way too late playing Rock Band at my sisters house.

Tomorrow

1. Weston has preschool. He loves it!
2. I try to clean the bathrooms on Thursdays. (oh what a glamorous life I lead.)
3. Project Runway is on and that is always a plus.

Next Year.......

1. I will have an almost two year old! I am so excited for her to have enough hair that her bows will actually stay in!
2. The basement will be finished and we will buy Rock Band for our very own.
3. Hopefully life will be running smooth and happy.

I am not going to tag anyone specific, but if you feel inspired to do this post, you should. It is really fun.

6 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    that was fun! i loved the "she was truly outrageous" comment. it made me laugh out loud.
    Sarah E said...
    I got tagged for this over a week ago. I swear I have started the thing like 10 times. I just can't get inspired. Yours was fun to read though. Maybe I'll try again.... maybe not...
    Shauna said...
    That was very fun to read! I just might get inspired to do it myself!
    Alison said...
    Wow! i'm pretty impressed that you remember so much from 20 years ago. I've been racking my brain to try to remember my 5th grade teacher. I have no idea what toys I played with. this was a fun one. I may have to do it if I find some time.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    I loved reading this. It's totally fun to get this short overview of your life.

    I think I'll do it too. I'll start writing now while both of our kids are happy playing in our new tee-pee :)
    Stacy said...
    Very cool post. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment