4.8.08
For Mother's day Tanner brought home a cute little poem about flowers taped around a cup with a seed he had planted just for me. The poem said something about how every time I see this flower I am supposed to think of the person who gave it to you and know that I am loved. We had no idea what the seed was, but we planted it in our front yard planter and have been watching it grow, wondering what it is.
Turns out, whatever it is, it is really, really tall. We are thinking sunflower, but I who knows! I had no idea that it would be so huge and it looks so funny in the little tiny planter mixed in with the petunias. Tanner is so proud of it. It gets more love than one little flower could ever hope to get. No actual flowers on it yet. Maybe by the fall, but it's looking a little iffy.
So the poem was right. I do think of Tanner every time I see that red-headed step child of a plant poking out between the petunias. It does always makes me smile and I totally feel loved. Thanks Tan.
4 Comments:
-
- Emily said...
August 4, 2008 at 1:55 PMWOW, congratulations kiddo! Awesome!- Boquinha said...
August 4, 2008 at 3:18 PMAwwwwwwww, that's so sweet!- April (Thorup) Oaks said...
August 4, 2008 at 6:53 PMYou are such a good mom. Mine got thrown away after a week or so when Luke forgot about it.- J Fo said...
August 5, 2008 at 9:42 AMHaha! Watch it turn out to be a Venus Fly Trap or something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)