25.8.08
Big excitement around here! Today Kaden started third grade! He has been as fickle as a pickle about going back. He has been really excited to go one minute and freaking out the next. I think he was just very nervous. When those little butterflies would start swimming in his tummy, he would turn into the Incredible Hulk and go smashing around the house for a few minutes, but then he would calm down and be back to excited. Poor little guy. He doesn't love the unknown and surprises stress him out. So starting a new school year is always a big deal.
After a slightly crazy morning and his favorite breakfast with a rice crispie treat for dessert, we were out the door. He told me he didn't need me to walk with him, he is 8 after all, but I did anyway. I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is such a fun newness to the first day of school.
He found some friends he hadn't seen all summer and I was forgotten. I visited with some friends I hadn't seen all summer and that was that. He headed in the door and I headed home.
After a slightly crazy morning and his favorite breakfast with a rice crispie treat for dessert, we were out the door. He told me he didn't need me to walk with him, he is 8 after all, but I did anyway. I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is such a fun newness to the first day of school.
He found some friends he hadn't seen all summer and I was forgotten. I visited with some friends I hadn't seen all summer and that was that. He headed in the door and I headed home.
Now he is there and I hope he is having a great time. I will miss having him home with me. He has grown up so much this summer. Last year at the end of school, he was still a little boy. Three months later he is still little, but with a bit more "gown up" thrown in. He is turning into such a great young man. We are proud of him.
Tomorrow Tanner starts first grade! He is a little ball of excitement about the whole thing. I will give you the rundown tomorrow.
4 Comments:
-
- Sarah E said...
August 25, 2008 at 1:10 PMHe looks pleased as punch today! I can't believe he's getting so darn big. What are we going to do with 2 kids gone? I'm thinking there may be some mid-day Rock Band that needs being played! You in???- Emily said...
August 25, 2008 at 2:47 PMhurray! He looks so big!- Stacy said...
August 26, 2008 at 6:04 PMWell I am glad that he was happy to go to school when the time came! Good luck with everything Kaden.- Stacy said...
August 26, 2008 at 6:04 PMThis comment has been removed by the author.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)