12.8.08


This cracked me up, so I had to share. I do think you have to give the police props for thinking outside the box.

Those Clever Muggles. New Zealand Police, Looking For A Juvenile Who Looks Like Hagrid, But Not Allowed By Law To Use A Juvenile's Photo On Posters, Uses Hagrid's Photo Instead.

New Zealand police, not allowed under law to use a Juvenile's picture on posters, but who wanted to warn area residents that a juvenile who looks like Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies has been burgling the neighborhood, used Robbie Coltrane's face on the poster instead, along with, "Robbie Coltrane is not the burglar but imagine him aged 16 with lank greasy hair and you have the picture. "

Ahh... Good stuff....

4 Comments:

  1. Sarah E said...
    Hmmm... I wonder how effective this is going to be...?
    Shafferprincess said...
    Seriously??? That's hilarious. I wonder if Robbie Coltrane knows and if he does, if they asked him first. Hmm . . . "Professor Dumbledore, I'd like to press charges against these Muggles for using my face!!"
    Glenna Roundy said...
    How very sad to be a kid who looks like that! It's one thing to be a made up person in a kids book, it's another to look like that made up person without make-up. I think it is a clever way to get the news out!
    Emily said...
    hilarious! i love it!

Post a Comment