10.7.08
When Kade was two years old, someone gave him a bucket of those big, chunky Legos. It was love at first sight and even then he could come up with some pretty impressive creations. We were so proud!
Now he is 8 and I gotta be honest with you folks, he is amazing. He can build the most incredible things. His stuff doesn't just look cool, it all has a purpose and a function. They will transform or fire missiles, or whatever he wants them to do. Kade was blessed with an engineers mind and he can just look at things to figure out how they work. He uses these ideas plus things from his everyday world as inspiration and turns them into Lego works of art. Someday he is going to make an awesome engineer. (Or if you ask him, a certified engineer. The certified part is really important to him =)
One part about the Legos that I could do without is the MESS! This is a small sample of his floor at any given moment of his life. He is messy by nature. Pair that up with Lego love and you get some sore tootsies in the middle of the night. (any of you that live with Legos will know what I am talking about.) Why can't creative minds also be neat and tidy? 

Kade, my wish for you is that you will always love to explore ideas and get your hands in there to try them out for yourself. I love that you use both sides of your brain to solve problems. I admire your patience when you are trying to make something work and it just isn't working. And I love your stubbornness at never giving up. Keep up the good work!
Legoland! What a great idea. He'd be drooling for sure over that!
What a neat post for Kaden! You are such a great mom, letting him know how you feel about his creativity. (I guess you also let him know about the mess too. In a nice way though. Right?) Angie
This is a fantastic idea! I think that he and Annie would be way cute together. They are both fiesty enough to keep the other one in line. With Kade's logic and math love and Annie's music and arts love, think of the well rounded and beautiful grandkids we could have!