6.6.08

It's official, school is out. They boys are home with me ALL DAY LONG! So far, so good, but today is only the second day of summer. Today was a trip to the library and after a 37.00 fee (OUCH!) and several books and movies later, we are set at least for the afternoon. I also signed them up for swimming lessons. That should wear them out.
Really I am excited for the summer. I love not rushing to get places for a few months. And I really do like my kids home with me. The only thing that I do not like is how much food these guys eat! And then you throw a couple of friends in the mix and a bag of mini marshmallows can disappear before you even have time to say "don't eat the marshmallows." With three boys, food is a constant point of interest. I cleaned Wal-Mart out of their Otter Pops and pretzel sticks. Hopefully those will keep them happy.
A funny story: I went over to the school on the last day to drop something off to Tanner's teacher. I was there no later than 30 minutes after the final bell had rung. The school was like a ghost town; lights off, office locked, no teacher in sight. Down the hall, near the cafeteria you could hear the sound of joyous laughter and a delicious smell was wafting. I guess those teachers waste no time feeling sad that the school year is over. They got right down to some serious "hooray, the kids are outta here" partying! They deserve it though. We have a great school.
Now if it would just stop raining, we would be in summer heaven. This has been the wettest Spring I can remember and I am ready for some sun!

4 Comments:

  1. Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
    Jill,
    I would love some sun too. We have been couped up inside long enough!!! All winter and spring can we please go outside and play in the water!!
    Monday night walk it is. See you then. Angie
    Neisha said...
    Hi Jill,

    Totally agree with you on this one. I can't keep enough food in the house. I am also trying to keep a tally of how many times my kids have said that there is nothing to do besides play video games. Maby we should hit the library too.

    Neisha
    P.S. Our last name is Lauer :)
    Sarah E said...
    Lady! It's going to be a very long summer with that attitude! Just break out the craft book and be super mom. I know you've got it in you.
    Shafferprincess said...
    Jill!!!!!

    It's been a while since we've seen each other, but I found your blog off of Ryan & Melanie's, and I had to pop in and say hi!! Lucy is a doll, and your boys are so cute! You're welcome to visit my blog (I just started last week)http://thefiveshaffers.blogspot.com/

    Take care, and hopefully we can stay in touch. I miss you guys down there!

    Renee Shaffer

Post a Comment