4.6.08

To this:
Four stitches and a splint so he can't bend his knee. Poor guy. Somebody got a brilliant idea to do cannon balls into a kiddie pool and Tanner thought this sounded like fun. Something on the bottom of the pool sliced his knee a good two inches. Poor Aunt April was in charge and she had to deal with all the blood and drama until I could get there. Not fun.
We headed into the doctors office, (hooray for after hours clinics!) and they stitched him back together. He was a pretty good sport about it, but the shot to numb things up was almost worse than the cut itself. I have had one of those and they STING!! Once he was all numb, he relaxed and watched Ratatouille while the doctor worked.
Now we call him "Gimps Magee" because he can't bend his knee for a few days while things start to heal. He has mastered the art of walking with a giant knee brace. He is his usual sunny self about it all. The only thing he was really bummed out about was that he didn't get a walker to move around with. Kaden's friend broke his leg and they gave him a walker, which Tanner has since coveted with a passion.
5 Comments:
-
- Glenna Roundy said...
June 4, 2008 at 5:46 PMTell Tanner that walkers aren't what they are cracked up to be. Most of my kids at school do not love them. They can get stuck and tip over!- Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
June 4, 2008 at 9:26 PMPoor Tanner! Tell him that now he will have a cool scar to show off to all of his buddies. Angie- Sarah E said...
June 5, 2008 at 8:17 AMA walker, eh? What a funny little kid. I look forward to seeing him next because I'm sure he'll tell me the whole story with great detail.- Anonymous said...
June 7, 2008 at 10:10 AMSo sad. :)- Anonymous said...
June 11, 2008 at 10:58 PMLuke has excitedly told me about three times today that Tanner can bend his knee. Luke is really really happy for Tanner. I wonder if Luke was more worried about Tanner than I thought?