27.5.08

I wish like crazy that I had some wonderful, fabulous, amazing Memorial weekend news to share with you all. But alas, I do not. It was maybe a solid C+ on the "how fun was your weekend?" scale. We did get to go see Iron Man. We ditched the kiddos and braved the movie crowds on Saturday. The movie was pretty good, but we sat by the RUDEST, STINKIEST (I mean in the pee-yew fashion,) and most OBNOXIOUS little boys. And where were their parents??? Their mom was surfing the Internet on her cell phone the whole time. She was not a real "in charge" kinda mommy I guess. They almost ruined things when they whipped out their lazor pen, but Kent showed a very un-Kent like moment and yelled at them. (Since the mom wasn't) That did the trick as far as the lazor light went.
But enough of that. Let's find happier things to talk about.
Monday, since it was pouring rain, Kent and my dad made some serious basement progress! HOORAY! Things are moving slowly but slowly down there, but at least they are moving. I got to entertain 4 kids all day long while they worked. Small price to pay for the joy that our finished basement will bring.
Sunday was my brother's in law Kraigs birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY A FEW DAYS LATE! Everyone came for dinner at my MIL's. It is rare that we are all together at the same time and it was a nice way to spend an evening. The cousins had fun playing. Tanner and Megan made this gigantic spider web out of yarn that went around the whole house. They thought it was pretty neat. Thanks to grandma for being a good sport when the creative juices get flowing. She is always so loving and kind.
I also got to sing in church. It went okay. We had to cut it short because the speakers were going long so we decided very last minute to sing 3 verses instead of 4. Fine and dandy but the 4th verse had a little extra refrain that we had added on. We did not discuss what to do with that and so the pianist played it at the end of the third verse. The problem was that we didn't know that was going to happen and my singing partner sat down before the song was finished. That left me all alone up there singing my own little solo. Not our best performance. Oh well, what do you do?
My cute sister Kristy came home from her first time ever trip to Disney Land Monday night. She had a blast and it was mini Disney Christmas for the kids with the fun souvenirs she brought for them. We are glad she had fun and that she is home safe and sound. We missed you Kris!
So now here we are, Tuesday, and back to business as usual. Like I said, not the funnest of weekends, but not too rotten either. I guess any time you get to spend time with your family with nothing to do but enjoy each other's company is a good way to spend a weekend.

2 Comments:

  1. Sarah E said...
    I noticed this version was edited for content. Probably a good thing. What a fun, crazy weekend for us all. You're a great sister. Thanks for letting us crash for awhile on Monday.
    Leuhoo said...
    I MISSED YOU GUYS TOO! A little too much! We need to go back! It would be the greatest day ever! In the happiest place on earth! mwahahahhaa! :)

Post a Comment