28.5.08
A few weeks ago, Kade brought home a note from school about the second grade talent show. Kade is a pretty shy kids when it comes to performing, it is tough to get him to say the dinner prayer, so I threw the note away without a second thought.
Today I got a call from the school that went like this:
"Hello?"
"Hi Mom."
"Hi Kade, what's up?" (Those of you who know this cute little kiddo, realize that a call from school is not usually a good thing. I am sure my voice was dripping with "oh no, what now.")
"I want to play the piano in the talent show today. Could you come sign a form that says I can?"
"But Kade, you don't play the piano"
"I know, I am going to make something up."
"Is your teacher okay with this?"
"She said I should call you and ask, so can I?"
"Um, okay..."
So I headed over to the school and double checked with his teacher if this was a good idea. She thought it was so I signed the form. Later that afternoon I went back to watch and he actually did a really great job. Yes, the song sounded made up on the spot, but he added some fabulous dynamics and a very dramatic ending. Everyone clapped and cheered when he was done. He proudly told them he had made the whole thing us "just barely" and they all clapped and cheered some more. Pretty great!
Later when I asked him why he decided to do it, he just shrugged a humble shrug and said he thought he might be good at it. So cute. What he doesn't know is he just earned himself a one way ticket to piano lessons.
Way to go Kade for branching out and trying new things. You never know what you can do until you jump right in and try. We are so proud of you!
7 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with the piano lessons. I'm sure you'll do great at it.