15.4.08
First of all, I gave Lucy her first taste of rice cereal. I know that this doesn't sound like anything fabulous to you guys, but this is big time for me. She did pretty good, I think she even liked it. She is still a little young for cereal, (4 and 1/2 months) but I can't keep the girl full. She wants a bottle every few hours. Hopefully this will help. Here is a photo of the actual event.

The second VERY exciting thing is Kent and my dad spent part of Saturday and framed another wall downstairs! Again, to the average Joe this is NBD, (no big deal for those of you who don't speak cool computer talk) but I am EXCITED!!!! Three wall is almost four walls guys! Once we hit four walls we can move on to the next fun task, wiring! HOORAY! So a very serious shout out to Kent and my dad! May their Saturdays be filled with nailing and sheet rock. Again, I have enclosed an actual photo of the basement in progress. It looks more like something out of a horror show right now, but just you wait, it is going to be fabulous!

The last exciting thing wasn't quite so fantastic as the others. Poor Lucy earned her first official boo boo. Kent was holding her while she was practicing standing up after dinner. She lost her balance and smashed face first into a big pasta pot on the table. She hit the lip of the pot, which is actually quite sharp, right between her eyes. We are really lucky she didn't cut her little face open. Kent felt horrible and so did poor Lucy. She cried and cried and cried and cried. Fortunately, all that she has to show for it is a small bruise about an inch long, but it was trauma all the same.
So there you go, not to exciting if you are a jet setter or a thrill seeker. But pretty darn exciting to me! Hope your weekends were just as great. Minus smashing your face into a pot of spaghetti.
2 Comments:
-
- Sarah E said...
April 15, 2008 at 3:35 PMPoor Luce. I can picture the whole thing happening and it's not pretty. Ouch!- Melanie said...
April 16, 2008 at 3:20 PMYay!!!! 3 Walls!!! I'm so glad you had some progress! I'm sure that's a relief! I can't believe Lucy is 4 1/2 months old!!! Where did the time go? She's still a brand new itty bitty baby, right? Maybe not, but oh, she's a cutie, bump & all. xoxo