6.4.08
As some of you know, Weston has been sick, sick, sick! We had to go into the doctors on Saturday and they gave him an IV for dehydration. The doctor said that sometimes these little guys stay sick because they are so dehydrated and a big "drink" will usually do the trick. It did! A few hours after the IV he was back to normal, eating a drinking and everything! We were so glad. Nothing is scarier than when your kiddo is really ill.
On Sunday he went out to play in the back yard with the bucket of chalk. (This chalk is the newest "it" toy for my kids. Who knew that 3.88 at Walmart could bring such joy?) I glanced out the window to check on him and saw him laying on the sidewalk. My heart dropped because I thought he was sick again and passed out of the sidewalk. As I was rushing out to see what was wrong, I noticed that he had chalk in one hand and he was trying to trace his whole body. I spied on him for a little bit and he was cracking me up! He couldn't get all around his body while laying down and it was making him mad! All he could outline was one arm and part of his hand. He would draw a little, sit up and inspect his work, get mad, yell and stomp his feet a little, and then lay down and try again. So funny! I ran to get my camera to sneak a picture of him in action. I got one of him inspecting his work to see if he had made an outline of himself, but when he laid down to try again saw me and turned into a camera ham.

Tanner came out to see what we were doing and decided to help out. Tanner is the BEST brother. He loves to help his brothers and sister. He did a great job tracing Weston. They were both very pleased with the result.

They were fun to watch. When they were finished we had about 10 little chalk guys all over our patio. (and two VERY dirty kids!)


Kaden is the star student in his class this week. He was so excited to pick out the things to take and show his friends. He got to pick a current event, something that showed a talent of hobby; he chose a fabulous Lego creation of course, something from nature; a giant coconut from grandma's, and a favorite thing; a little wire robot that he made one day with my mom. We made a poster with lots of pictures of him and listed all the things that makes Kaden himself. It was great. We had to bring all this to school today along with a report on the red headed woodpecker complete with diorama. It was too much for one little guy to carry and of course it snowed this morning (why wouldn't it, it's only the middle of April) so we all had to troop off to school in the snow with everything covered in garbage bags. He was so proud and excited. His teacher this year is awesome. I love that she gives the kids such great opportunities to shine. He has really grown up this year.

1 Comment:
-
- Sarah E said...
April 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM$3.88 saved our day too. The girls were outside 'chalking' today as well. How funny. I wasn't as good of a mom though. No pictures. :(