13.4.10


Bad news:  When Wes has a cold or a evening full of tears, his tonsils swell up and he spends the whole night with the worst sleep apnea. 

Good news: Next week all his troubles will be over.

Bad news: He tonsils and adenoids will be history and his throat will be sore. 

Good news: No more gasping for air at night and hopefully less boogeys and mouth breathing. 

Bad news: It's a 10 day recovery. Ouch. And he will have some wicked "death breath" before it's over. 

Good news:  He gets all the popsicles and and pudding he can stand. Plus a new pair of jammies to wear to the hospital. 

Bad news: It's gunna be rough few days for everyone till he feels better. 

Good news: Our sunshiney, well rested  Weston will be around a lot more to brighten our days and make us laugh. 

10 Comments:

  1. Shafferprincess said...
    We just did that with Gavin back in September. It was a rough several days for us. Just make sure you keep up on his med's - even at night. It's a pain to have to get up, but it's more of a pain to have him wake up in the morning writhing in agony because he hurts so badly.

    And, it's so nice to not have him snore anymore. :) Good luck!
    Shafferprincess said...
    And, oh yeah, the death breath - seriously lives up to its name. Yikes!
    Melissa said...
    Hey my Mattix is going to be having that same surgery on Tuesday. Poor guys. Thanks for the heads up about the breath and pain meds. I am very nervous. Good luck!
    Stacy Holmes said...
    Yea! Getting my tonsils out was the best thing I ever did. I have been way healthier ever since. 10 days to recover? Not your boys..they are way tougher than that. Can I invade next week and help you out..can we go out this Saturday? Do you like me? yes? no? (check one) :)
    Good luck Mom!
    Emily said...
    My nephew just had this done last week, and he was up and about two days later. No joke. If you want to read about his recovery, you can go here: 3plusone.blogspot.com just in case you're curious. My sister-in-law's dad is a plastic surgeon so he removed them for free!
    Boquinha said...
    Awww. Did you take the picture after breaking the news to him?

    I WISH I had taken mine out when I was younger. It's a HECK of a surgery for adults and so I'm not interested in doing it now, but I deal with "cryptic tonsils." Ugh. Not fun.
    Jillo said...
    I do like you Stacy H. If I could, I would check the yes box. =)
    He is having them out on Friday and Saturday is poor Kades bday. Happy birthday to Kade. I am trying to figure out how to make things fabu for him and keep Wes happy too.
    The pic was taken during one of Westons MANY surly moments. This kid has more "worst days ever" than anyone I know. Hopefully this will help with that.
    Boquinha said...
    LOL. It cracks me up when little boys are dramatic. We have one of those, too, and BOY does he make us laugh a lot.
    April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Poor little guy.
    JM said...
    We did Nathan's last year and it was THE BEST thing we ever did. My only bit of input is to watch for thrush. My son was a stubborn little turd and got thrush because he would sit there and not swallow anything. Even his own spit. But, yes, the surgery will help soooo much with the sleep apnea. That is why we had it done and now he sleeps 11-12 hours straight through. It is lovely.

Post a Comment